Chateau de Courtebotte
Coup 2 Foudres(Saint-Jean-de-Blaignac)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdordogne riverother gueststree househer husbandrestaurant suggestionsyogurtwinery visitscovered patiomichelin starbuy winewished we could have stayed longerhome madethe perfect hostperfect basecare and attentionfabulous placebreakfast each morning
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We traveled with our three year old here back in July. The owners and staff were lovely and warm. Our room was perfectly Parisienne - Capri. We have such beautiful memories of this place. We stayed a full week and despite all of it's grandeur, the people are what made it truly special. We cannot wait to return for my daily dose of vanilla bean yogurt.

Room Tip: If you stay inside the main house, it is loud when people come in at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

If only I could move to Chateau de Courtebotte! My husband and I stayed in the Pavillion house for 3 amazing nights and simply did not want to leave! We could not rave more about the location, the furnishings, the absolute comfort and the delightful hosts Isabelle, Pascual and their daughter Margot. From the my very first correspondence with them over 5 months prior to our stay they were accommodating, helpful and welcoming. Isabelle not only booked all of our vineyard visits and restaurant reservation but she even assisted us with purchasing train tickets and printed them out for us.

One of the best treats of the whole stay was the dinner we had at the Chateau, cooked and hosted by the lovely couple! Not only was the food delicious, duck confit (my favorite) but the company and atmosphere was perfection! They served fantastic wine along side a 3 course, personally prepared meal and even joined us for pre dinner champagne!

Now I have to tell you about this location, absolute paradise! Located just 10 minutes from the charming town of Saint Emillion, Courtebotte is situated on the beautiful Dordogne River and it truly feels like you are in another world. Quiet and peaceful! Our cottage was more well equipped then some US apartments, washer, dishwasher, living space, beautiful spacious bedroom, walk in closet, walk in shower and a gorgeous patio to enjoy the river and a glass of wine. The furnishings were modern and stylish and the picture window from the upstairs bedroom!!!! WOW!

If you are going to the Saint Emillion area LOOK NO FURTHER!!! The entire experience is like a fairytale. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The Pavillion room is our own private cottage and terrace!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in one of the 'Suite Tour', a self-catering gite in the garden of the chateau, for just over a week in August with our 2 children, aged 4 and 7.

Our gite, which had only recently been completed, had 2 beautiful, large double bedrooms, 2 lovely contemporary bath/shower rooms, a kitchen, lounge area and a terrace above with beautiful views over the Dordogne. Everything was beautifully decorated and furnished, with plasma screens in both bedrooms, table football (a big hit with our kids) and even an amazing free-standing bath in the master suite. One of the most luxurious gites we have ever seen!

We had a wonderful week exploring the area, making the most of the lovely heated pool and jacuzzi and making friends with the guests staying in the neighbouring gites and chateau.

Our hosts, Isabelle and Patrick, could not have been more charming or kinder. Patrick was constantly working to make improvements to the areas they are still developing, even putting up a trampoline for children, while Isabelle looked after us, ensuring we had everything we needed, providing advice on where to go, what to see and, most importantly, where to eat, drink and buy wine.

We had 2 fantastic table d'hotes dinners prepared and hosted by both Isabelle and Patrick. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared (Isabelle you are an amazing cook!) the setting was glorious, with aperitifs served on the terrace with dusk settling over the river, and the atmosphere was relaxing and convivial. Isabelle was also happy to provide more simple dishes for the children if we wished.

My daughter had her 5th birthday during out stay so I asked if I could throw a little party on the terrace for her. Of course, nothing was too much trouble and Isabelle organised a table with bunting and helped us while the other guests joined us for champagne and cake. She even bought her a present...

It was clear to us how much love, attention and hard work had gone into restoring this beautiful chateau and its outbuildings. Our delightful hosts really could not have been more sincere or charming or done more to make us feel welcome. Thank you very much Isabelle and Patrick we miss you and we very much hope to visit again. Soon!

Room Tip: Suite Tour is perfect for a family of 4.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank happykampa
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After staying in the Chateau for 3 days I thought I would see how well it rated on Trip advisor. I was astonished to see one negative review. I discovered that the review was posted when it was run by the previous owner. This place fulfilled every expectation. It is a delightful old chateau whose interior has been renovated to standard of modern comfort. Our hosts Isobel and Pascal provided exceptional service and breakfast each day was a treat replete with fresh brioche, home made yoghurts and eggs to order.Great coffee as well! We tried the table d'hôte one night and enjoyed it immensely. Pascal decanted a few of the local Bordeaux, white and red, to compliment Isobel's superb cuisine. On check out I was astonished at the price - was expecting about 50% more. C'est manufique!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage in the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've never written a review before but feel compelled to do so to recommend Chateau de Courtebotte. You couldnt ask for more from a B&B in the Dordogne. The place is beautifully decorated (mixing the modern and traditional) with real attention to detail (where else has hair straighteners in the bathroom to accompany the hair dryer?!) Aside from the peaceful location, extremely comfortable rooms and relaxing poolside loungers, the outstanding feature of this Chambre de Hote is the charming, welcoming, calm and quietly efficient hostess, Isabelle, for whom nothing is too much trouble. Her dinners are not to be missed. This place is a real gem and, for all the effort she and her husband have put in to making it a perfect spot to unwind, they deserve the highest plaudits. I'll do my best to be back before long!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family