“Food as art” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Auberge Saint Jean

Auberge Saint Jean
Cuisines: French, European, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corvallis, Oregon
“Food as art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

One of the best meals of a 66-year lifetime. IF we lived in France we'd return here again and again. The pairings of food -- tastes, colors, consistencies -- was previously unimagined. Froths, foams, cookies, meringues... The cooks are artists as well as chefs. They could go toe to toe with the best in any city we've visited. The service and setting are what you'd expect with food like this too. Elegant, unobtrusive, attentive, The "outside" room was perched over the river so the view was relaxing.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Stewart2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Worth a trip for dessert”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not my favorite for main course, but the service was good. Everything had an Asian twist which wasn't my to my liking. However, the Moelleuxe du Chocolate dessert was divine.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank vedettefille
New York City, New York
“Why doesn't this have a Michelin star?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was so impressed with this little unpretentious spot on the Dordogne River. The hostess at the Chateau where I was staying (the fabulous Chateau de Courtebotte) recommended this spot and I am so glad that I took her advice. The setting is lovely - big windows in the glassed in terrace overlook the river. But the food is what really blew me away. Absolutely superb. Creative but not overdone - and delicious. One of my best meals in France ever (and I lived there for several years and my boyfriend is French so we are there often). Extremely well priced for the high quality. This spot is only about 10 minutes from St. Emilion - if you are staying in the town, make the trip out to have dinner at this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elena S
london
“Great food on the bank of the Dordogne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was the highlight of a little food trip round the south of France/northern Spain. Amazing food overlooking the river, with really interesting local ingredients carefully prepared. Great value food with stars from the Michelin man only a matter of time...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Emma H
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“fabulous restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

very gourmet, upscale but reasonable prix fixed meal. 43 euros for 3 courses. a great value for this amazing food. ask for a table on the enclosed terrace overlooking the river. we had a delicious wine recommended by our waitress. it was from a vineyard down the road. This was the best meal we had during our 2 weeks in France.

Visited May 2013