“Could be better...”
Review of La Diligence

La Diligence
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Could be better...”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Service poor unless if you request a table downstairs (the only smiling waitress and motivated) the meals are also nothing special, it was not bad when we started to go there but the quality decreased a lot and it is way too expensive for a traditionnal alsacian restaurant.
Don't take red wine, they serve it ice cold! (bad if you pay 50 euro for a good bottle)

7 Thank Colorpoliz

Huningue, France
“Food sometimes very good sometimes so so, Service terrible if busy”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Food is sometimes very good sometimes so so, Service terrible if busy, they tend to put English speakers together and then forget to look after them (even if ordering etc in French).

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Peter H
Costa del Sol
“Food expensive and the most tasteless magret ever!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

On the night I visited, the restaurant was full but I was given a table in the bar. This was not particularly pleasant, being noisy and rather isolated. The services was not very friendly, although I speak French, the waitress being very off-hand. I chose a fixed price menu that included three courses but not wine (I had the pichet of red that was OK). The first course of hot goats cheese salad was pleasant but the cheese did not have a lot of flavour, although the salad was well dressed. The second course of Magret de Canard was almost completely tasteless although the sauce was pleasant and the potatoes were excellent.. The dessert - a creme brouillet - was pleasant but the top was not properly crisp. For a total price of nearly 50 euros, I expect much better food in France.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank JeevesCostadelSol
Neuchatel, Switzerland
“Great food and service, good place for families”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had an excellent meal in this restaurant - their foie gras and steaks are superb. With 3 children under the age of 10 it can be a bit difficult but the staff were very friendly. They have a small cosy terrace and lots of space inside. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2011
Manchester, CT
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stopped by this little restaurant by chance one night when I was on break from the Basel Tattoo in Basel, Switzerland. I was looking for dinner that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and I was glad to find out that France, and the Euro, were just a few streetcar stops away. I walked in and the menu looked very traditional gourmet. The decor looks more like a tavern or just a regular old bar in the US, nothing special, but the menu looked unbelievable. I decided to go with the Thursday night special of the Moule de Bouchot et frites for 16 Euro. Sitting outside on the patio, the service was a bit slow, to say the least. Perhaps I got the bad waitress that someone else complained about here--she didn't seem very interested in helping me out. Eventually, though, she came to me, and I ordered the special because it was pretty clear that she was not interested in being helpful at all. Anyway, even though the service was bad, the food was excellent. I got a huge four quart pot of mussels in a garlic butter cream sauce that was out of this world, and so much food that that was all I needed. A pleasant evening ensued as I got to talking to some of the locals--this is really a neighborhood restaurant, and, finally, I had for dessert a creme broule that was nothing special, but as good as you can get anywhere else. The house wine was also very delicious, but, unfortunately, the waitress couldn't tell me what it was. High marks for food and atmosphere, but low marks for service and helpfulness.

• Visited July 2011