“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Long Beach, California
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I enjoyed my stay even though we were there for a funeral. The front desk was very sympathetic and gave our family members attending the funeral discounts. Zaxby's chicken was across the street for a quick meal. The suites were smaller that when we used to stay years ago but they were clean with two flat screen tvs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Spokane, WA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Checked in late at night and the front desk lady was very nice and accommodating after a long day. The hotel itself looks like its been recently renovated so the room was nice and clean and of course big with lots of space and a full kitchen. The bed was comfortable and gave me a good nights sleep and the towels were clean and fluffy in the morning for my shower.

Only issue I have is the pet fee they charged of $100 is a bit outrageous, but that also seems to be a standard at most Residence Inns, which is a shame otherwise I would stay at them more.

Also, the gentleman who seemed to be working the graveyard shift was wearing jean shorts and a bright red t-shirt which I thought was very weird and unprofessional for a Marriott. Other than that everyone else working here looked up to Marriott standards and were all very nice. Doubt I will ever be down here again, but I would stay here if I was.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a suite with a queen bed. I love having separate living room and bedroom, a full-sized fridge and large coffee pot. The furnishings were fresh. The breakfast area was spacious and the food was the usual good selection. It's quiet, too. We could walk to a restaurant, and Starbucks was a short drive around the corner. Perfect location for our purposes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2012

You can't beat this Marriott! Huge rooms full kitchens awesome beds excellent location, friendly staff, beautiful grounds with large courtyard, outdoor pool, sports court, covered outdoor dining with grills. Good for a short or long stay! Hope to return again next summer! All recently updated with new paint and decor! Great job!!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Liked have the one bedroom son teen son and I could have our own space.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, OH
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stay at Residence Inn Hotels all the time. We had a good experience, but not as good as usual. When we arrived, there was only one person working. So, we had to carry the pack and play up ourselves, as they couldn't bring it up for us. The pool was locked, and since there was only one person at the desk, it took awhile for her to come and unlock it so the kids could swim. They did enjoy the pool though. It was very busy. So, breakfast was crowded with no place to sit. When we asked for dish soap so that we could wash some dishes, they said that they didn't have any. They also did not have rollaway beds, which was also surprising. Everything was clean. The food was good. Just not the usual excellent experience we are used to having.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary Beth P
Frederick, Md.
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Our family of four (two teenagers) stayed in the two bedroom suite at the Residence Inn in Kennesaw. The floor plan was terrific with enough space to spread out and relax. There were TVs in every room...(I know it might seem excessive but it kept everyone happy!). The small kitchen table and family room were more than adequate. For me, the quality of the bed is very important and I was very satisfied. I was concerned before our trip when we received an email from the manager warning us of their renovation. He did not return my subsequent email and I began my trip with great hesitation. When we moved out of the lobby to the hall with rooms, the smell of paint was overpowering. Our room was far enough away from the renovation work that once ensconced in our room, the air was fresh and clean. I have to say, however, that any small problem was quickly resolved and their head housekeeper is a real gem.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room in the renovated area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here for a weekend and have no complaints at all. I was in rm 222 and found it to be large, spotless clean, quite and comfortable. The bed was awesome! The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. I have no complaints at all and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012