“Affordable...comfortable...clean..& friendly”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed the month of August while waiting to start a new job out of state.

We very much enjoyed our stay...our room was very comfortable...there were 4 of us...my husband & I & our 2 boys..

Our room was large & roomy & VERY clean!

Stacy, Amy, Atul, and Natasha we very welcoming & helpful...
We weren't sure exactly when we would be leaving so our day to day basis was never an issue for them.

Jeannie kept our room spotlessly clean and went out of her way to help in any way she could..

I would defantly stay again...& recomend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank pabk67
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

booked on line for a 1 night stay. Was too tired to look for another place. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. The lobby stinks. Room has an overwhelming smell. The room has a musty smell & couldn't breathe. We had to sleep with the window open even though it was below 30 degrees outside (mid-Feb) just so we could breathe. We still coudn't breathe right even with the fan on.
Stay away unless you are on a tight budget, or just way too tired to go up the street. We stayed up all night. The sheets,, pillows etc have a heavy chemical smell. Itchy too...

Room Tip: They told me they didn't have cleaners for the weekend so I didn't have any choice as the re...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Atlanta - Kennesaw. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Rooms need a little tlc..but not bad for price. Would stay again. I stayed for 9 days. Would recommend taking a foam pad for the bed.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed September 5, 2010

If there is a way to contact Priceline, they should be made aware that this is one of the dirtiest, scariest places around, and they should immediately remove it from their choices. I prepaid for a room here through Priceline, but gladly forfiefeted the $28 and went elsewhere after I saw the room, common areas, and shady clientele hanging around.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GA123
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Do not even THINK about checking in late! After looking, looking and looking up and down Busbee, we called the hotel and spoke with someone (we thought the front desk employee) with a VERY thick, difficult to understand accent only to discover the hotel was on Busbee. One Busbee turns off the other Busbee, there was road construction at the intersection and evidently the sign was down. Anyway, pay attention to Drive and Parkway. It was about 10:00 when we arrived (I have to go every week to the Fibro & Fatigue Clinic for IV infusions so not in any hurry to arrive) and the entrance was only a glass door. We made it through the first glass door and had to be let in the second one by some kids sitting in the "lobby", and I use that term loosely, watching TV. There was no desk. Just a couple of couches, a small TV and a glass window with the blinds shut. The kids told us the guy was behind the glass window that would check us in. I banged on the door and window with no success. I could tell someone was watching television in the room because I could see it flickering through the blinds. While I continued to bang and yell, the lady I was with went down the hallway and heard someone in the Housekeeping room. She opened the door and asked how we check in. It was the lady from the phone with the thick accent. Meanwhile I had decided to call the hotel back since I was in the lobby!!! The maid came walking back into the lobby answering her phone to talk to me!!! She had one name written down on a blank piece of paper and asked if it were me...of course it was not. She goes back in her Housekeeping room for a minute then comes out and asks if I have a confirmation number. I still had the confirmation from Hotels.com on my blackberry and gave her that number. She did not find it in her records. Then she takes me back out between the glass doors and points to the lock boxes and asks me if one has my name (she could not pronounce my name). Of course, they did not. We went back in and she tells us to wait just a minute...goes back in her Housekeeping room. My friend and I sit in the hallway on the rolling luggage rack and wait for her, finally we call Hotels.com. They transfer us around for more than 40 minutes. No one will try to help...they just say "Oh, you need to speak to "insert dept of your choice" and transfer us before we can stop them. I guess we got quiet after giving up on Hotels.com and were sitting in the hallway exhausted when the housekeeper came back out. She looked surprised. I think she thought we were gone. She says, "no can help. no one here to help until morning". By then we had been there over an hour and just said FORGET IT!!! We went down the road to the Holiday Inn Express, checked in in 5 minutes with very friendly employees at a DESK and were in bed 5 minutes after that. Pay the extra money and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Oh, we also got a chance to look around while we sat in the hallway...GROSS!!! I think I am glad I did not get a room...I don't think the housekeeper knew how to clean or help guests!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Booked on Priceline for $28 and was scared when it was accepted because I had never heard of this chain and could also not find a positive review on this site or others. We had decided that if it was terrible we'd eat the cost of the prepaid room and stay elsewhere.

First off-hard to find. It is on Busbee Drive, which is off of Busbee Parkway, which is extremely confusing! Couldn't find it and finally stopped at the Extended Stay Hotel, which told me they were a "sister" property and gave me excellent directions. I think this affiliation is rather recent and will prove to be beneficial.

This property is located in an excellent, safe, northern suburb of Atlanta. The outisde of the property is well maintained and attractive. The pool area is great but no hot tub or pool towels provided.

The check-in was painless and the staff was extraordinary. However, there is a definite funky smell in the lobby and hallways but the room smelled fine--otherwise we would not have stayed. The stairwells could stand a good sweeping/cleaning. There is an elevator but the stairs were quicker.

Our room consisted of a sofa sleeper and a queen bed, large bathroom, desk/dining table with 2 chairs, full kitchen, closet, and nice sized bath. Clean and functional and the kitchen would be a huge plus if we were staying more than one night.

Even at the rack rate of $65, I think this hotel is a good value. We've stayed in this general area several times in the past 8 years and have usually paid upwards of $75 just for a place to lay our heads for a few hours.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank librarychick
Reviewed April 4, 2008

We were in town for a wedding. A large family group stayed at this hotel because my parents had liked it when they stayed here years ago and the price was right for them. Not a lot of amenities. The staff was friendly, but not up to snuff on housekeeping issues. For example, I requested extra pillows and was given two brand new pillows, but not offered any pillow cases. The property is a bit run down - especially the furnishings and the linens. The springs in a chair had collapsed on one side. The blanket and bedspread on our bed had holes. Remote controls so old that the numbers were worn off and the back and batteries kept falling out. One room was so musty that my asthamatic relative had to request a different room (which - to their credit - was promptly provided by management - and was larger than their original room, for the same price - like I said, helpful front office staff). Hotel has non-smoking rooms - right across the hall from rooms where smoking is allowed, so the halls smell pretty bad if you're a non-smoker. Management cuts costs by not providing daily housekeeping services (can be had at an extra charge) and by charging for internet access (which is advertised as 'available' on their website) when most places provide it for free. Signage for the property is terrible - set so far back from the road and behind trees that we missed the entrance more than once. This is a place to sleep for the night...and not much more.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)