“Excellent and authentic after trying numerous dishes on separate visits”
Review of Penang

Penang
Ranked #37 of 298 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Malaysian, Thai
Reviewed September 15, 2013

So, I cant pass up a good Malaysian joint. Even left an open night during my hectic week so I can go myself. Last visit Char Kuey Tiao was good, Hokkien Prawn Noodle soup was pretty good, but could be improved.

This time I had Char Kuey Tiao again, extraa spicy, and belacan water crest. Awesome. Went back for lunch, Asam Laksa, really good. Be carefull, very fishy dish, order if you like asam laksa. But the noodles were a little odd, kinda tough, maybe due to frozen noodle to start with. Mee goreng to go, on the plane back to Rhode Island. Still good when I shared with my wife. I liked that they were willing to change from stryfoam togo box to a plastic one for my flight.

The more I go hear, the more I love it.

To those who order usual chinese food there, look at the Malaysian dishes, you will be impressed.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great foods and service!
If you don't know what you will like, just ask them. They will advice what type of dish you may like it. Also they can modify some food for you. Very friendly for vegitarian too!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a good place for Thai food if you are around Kennesaw area. Service is courteous and fares moderate. You can also order for aka always over phone and pick up , if you are in hurry !

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We visit family here quite often and always make Penang one of our restaurant stops! Great food and very consistent...never had a bad meal in the many years we've been going. Roti cani is a must! Yummy!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

In the middle of Kennesaw Mall madness across the street, there is peaceful Penang. I love this restaurant for an oasis of quiet serenity. If you go in the off hours it is a great place to visit with a friend you haven't seen for a year. My friend and me were seated in a booth for 1 1/2 hours, and never ONCE were rushed.

Don't know much about Malaysian food, but we had lunch specials: red chicken something-mild, and my friend had chicken curry something Hot. both were good for $6.95. The Calamari appetizer good and tender.. Sure wish we had a native with us! The menu is huge. When we left I noticed 3 or 4 solo diners also enjoying the calm.