“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capers Restaurant & Bar

Capers Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 274 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, GA
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Very good food, a little pricey though for the amount you get but still, very good. Had the crusted tilapia and hubby had the Parmesan chicken.
Would go again and again

3 Thank ImSlayer

Montgomery, Illinois
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had to travel to Kennesaw, GA for business travel and I had an opening in my schedule to try out some local dining. Leave it to Tripadvisor to lead me to the perfect spot. Capers is a hidden gem located in the same strip as the Publix Grocery store. I'm so glad I relied on Tripadvisor because I had a wonderful meal. I started with the Shrimp/Crab bisque and it was AMAZING...the seafood is often chewy or rubbery in these soups and it was not the case...it was fresh and very delicious. For my entre, I went with the Herb Crusted Grouper and as advertised, it was awesome. I finished with the Chocolate Intemperance and again, I was not disappointed.
Service was prompt and polite. If you have an opportunity to check out Capers, do yourself a favor and give it a try.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank alanlay
Atlanta area
“Excellent dinner at Caper's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Food was excellent--preparation and presentation was great! Our server, Eric, was excellent! Jazz band on Sunday evenings is wonderful. Overall, a great dining experience. We will definitely return.

2 Thank C H
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good every time !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have been to Capers about six times and they have never let me down. The food is fantastic. They serve a great crab and shrimp bisque, tomato basil soup, and the calamari is to die for. I always start with the bruschetta. It is heavenly. Fresh French baguette topped with tomato, basil, and sweet tangy balsamic vinaigrette is a must. The Hawaiian Steak melts on your tongue and the fish dishes are all really good. Anything that is presented as a “special” for the evening is a sure bet. Speaking of sure bets, the toasted pound cake strawberry shortcake is fabulous! The pound cake is soft and delicious and the fresh whipped cream and strawberry puree are amazing. My mother and I often go to Capers just for this special treat.
The ambiance is eclectic and cozy and the staff is friendly and professional every time! During the weekend a live band plays smooth jazz.
This is a great place for romance, girls night or a group gathering. Capers is one of my faves you gotta try it out!!!!

2 Thank suggstravelllc
Cincinnati
“Handled a group of 14 with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I dread large business meals at restaurants. The staff is overwhelmed and the food is poor as they try to get everyone's food out at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised with Capers. We had a party of 12 (that then became 14) and they did a great job.

The service was efficient and unobtrusive. Drinks were brought fairly well. It was not like a high end steak house where my glass never ran dry, but I was asked if I would like another drink within five minutes of emptying my glass.

The only negative was the appetizers. The calamari was rubbery and the brushetta was like a french bread pizza - way too thick bread and melted mozzarella cheese. I guess I was most disappointed as this is the height of fresh tomato season and anyone should be able to make a good brushetta.

The entrees were excellent. The rib-eyes, while thin, were very good and cooked properly. Everyone was happy with the fish dishes. Prices were fairly reasonable - $16-30 for an entree. Most of the steaks were in the mid-$20s.

Atmosphere - Like many restaurants in high growth areas, it is located in a quiet strip mall and not much in the way of atmosphere. It does have hard floors, low ceilings, and open seating (few booths). Add in a piano and it is very loud, making conversation difficult.

• 4 of 5 stars