“Handled a group of 14 with great service”

Capers Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 310 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I dread large business meals at restaurants. The staff is overwhelmed and the food is poor as they try to get everyone's food out at the same time. I was pleasantly surprised with Capers. We had a party of 12 (that then became 14) and they did a great job.

The service was efficient and unobtrusive. Drinks were brought fairly well. It was not like a high end steak house where my glass never ran dry, but I was asked if I would like another drink within five minutes of emptying my glass.

The only negative was the appetizers. The calamari was rubbery and the brushetta was like a french bread pizza - way too thick bread and melted mozzarella cheese. I guess I was most disappointed as this is the height of fresh tomato season and anyone should be able to make a good brushetta.

The entrees were excellent. The rib-eyes, while thin, were very good and cooked properly. Everyone was happy with the fish dishes. Prices were fairly reasonable - $16-30 for an entree. Most of the steaks were in the mid-$20s.

Atmosphere - Like many restaurants in high growth areas, it is located in a quiet strip mall and not much in the way of atmosphere. It does have hard floors, low ceilings, and open seating (few booths). Add in a piano and it is very loud, making conversation difficult.

3  Thank bmantravel

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Capers is by far the classiest place in Kennesaw. Having just recently undergone renovation, Capers has taken another step in setting itself apart from all other restaurants. The sounds of the piano accompany the excellent menu served by a gracious and talented staff is second to none. This is my favorite spot to impress friends and colleagues and the Capers Salad is my first choice when looking for a quick bite when dining solo. The wine list is well thought out and it pairs well with the great foods and desserts.

It will quickly become that place you go when you want to treat yourself to something special. regrettably I have recently moved from the area but the experience lingers on.

2  Thank Cougartoy
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Perfect! The restaurant is beautifully and functionally decorated. The seat spacing is well thought out... you can truly have a private conversation in the midst of a packed restaurant. I ordered the stuffed salmon with sweet potato mash and green beans; I truly enjoyed my meal. The server was very knowledgeable about the restaurant, the chef-owner, and able to answer all questions about the food. She was helpful, and attentive without being overbearing. Finally, the menu is reasonably priced. Enjoy!

1  Thank JperiodSMITH
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great food. Trout was very tasty with lemon butter and capers. Wasabi mashed potatoes need a lot more wasabi.. Cuccumber salad was nice and light. My wife had the Brie salad, cheese was perfectly toasted. We can also recommend the spicy shrimp corn chowder. My daughter had the duck and loved it. Wine is very reasonably priced with a decent selection of mostly California varieties. Save room for dessert- we shared 2- warm rum cake and toasted pound cake with ice cream and strawberries. My only suggestion to the owners is to add espresso to the menu.

1  Thank dcshoe
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in based on TA reviews.oving to area and this will be a regular place. All menus items has an unusual flare. Food was excellant and came out fast. Bar service was a bit slow but specialty drinks were excellant and wines were great price value. Save room for deserts they are excellant.

1  Thank VA-Shoes