“Nice casual come as you are pizza place”

Pisano's New York Style Pizzeria and Italian Kitchen
Ranked #30 of 297 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went here for lunch today. I got the greek salad and my guy got two slices of cheese pizza. My salad was BIG but I ate it all as the only guilt inducing ingredients were feta cheese. I love all the greens in this salad and the kalamata olives, pepperocinis and red onion! Very delicious! My guy said the pizza was very good for plain ol cheese pizza. (We got these as they are the lunch specials--plenty more to choose from)

This has the atmosphere of a neighborhood bar. Nothing fancy at all. Food was good, prices low for our lunch specials. We got served in a timely fashion and the waitress/server checked on us like you would expect.

A good choice for a casual, come as you are lunch.

1  Thank VivianFC
There are newer reviews for Pisano's New York Style Pizzeria and Italian Kitchen

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The definition of “pisano”: Italian, usually said in reference to 'buddy, friend, mate'.
My husband is of Italian descent, so we were expecting a warm, friendly atmosphere and food that was as good-looking as the Groupon ad we signed up for, but what we got was ATTITUDE.
The décor is part model home and part loft with the standard New York scenes thrown in for good measure. The music was too loud and too frenetic to be conducive to eating, unless you are a teenager. The food was good enough but our server made the WHOLE experience distasteful.

We went on a Groupon enticed by a fabulous photo of a stuffed pizza. Upon arriving we were informed that the Groupon didn’t apply to the more expensive of the “specialty” pizzas, which included the stuffed pizza, that were all on the same list. Same thing with the side salad - there was one salad list, and all but the house salad were NOT available, even though there was as little as a 50 cent price difference. At this point we were feeling like we were taken in by a “bait and switch”.

The meal came with a pitcher of beer and my almost senior citizen husband was carded (and I DO understand, she was just doing her job). Upon looking at his photo id, our server started off the long chain of snide remarks that defined our evening. Let me be clear on this, she SAID all the right things but the arrogant attitude she delivered them with was demeaning. I am there to enjoy a nice meal, not to be judged by a waitress who is obviously too good to be working at a dump like this. So she started off with “nice mustache” (since shaved) which could be taken two ways, and since I didn’t yet know what a witch she was, and I said half-jokingly, (afraid he might consider re-growing it back) “Oh, don’t encourage him!” and she assured me she wasn’t encouraging him, she was “being facetious”. It went on and on. I found myself anxious to be away from her and the restaurant. The final impetus for reviewing her more than the restaurant was when I let a hunk of sauce and cheese slide off the pizza slice and it splattered me and the shirt I was wearing. I did not find that to be amusing in the least, but she did and I was sniggered at. This was as I was moving it to our to-go box, a job that has been done by the server (who gets a bigger tip) at the better pizzerias. She made me feel very sorry I walked in their door.

Bottom line: The House Salad was standard. Our appetizer Eggplant Rollatini had me wondering if it was prepared on site or bought frozen. The pizza was okay (because of the Groupon, we forewent our usual cheese- only trial, so it was harder to tell how authentic it was.) Enough said about the service.

You win, Blondie. I will NEVER go back.

1  Thank imlin3