“Average”

Cuisines: Mexican
Georgia
“Average”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I ate here last week as we had a $50 gift card. We were greeted quickly upon entering and the host was very polite and efficient. We sat on the patio which was quite pleasant. I had not eaten at On the Border for several years. The margarita was good, chips OK. To start we tried the spinach and mushroom fundido - which was OK but had a kick to it which we were not expecting based on the menu description. I ordered cheese and onion enchiladas with sour cream sauce. I was quite disappointed. The food was barely lukewarm. I didn't send it back as my husband's food was fine, and I did not want to delay our meal. The rice was very salty, and the enchilladas were kind of bland. We decided not to stay for dessert. Overall, the meal was average. Not bad, but not great. I'm glad we used a gift card to pay - I would not pay $50 for that meal otherwise. I don't think we will be back very soon.

• Visited October 2012

“Not so great.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ate here with my wife today for the first time in many years. Chips were too thick but the salsa was excellent...somewhat spicey. The service was good but the food was nothing special. Portions were smaller than I remembered. Black beans were tasteless as was the rice. Mystery meat in the enchilada. The best item I had was the chili relleno stuffed with Jack cheese. My wife's refried beans were good and very smokey. La Parilla has them beat in this area of town.

• Visited September 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“Salsa and Friends”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Friends from Canton will call, enroute to Marietta, and we meet at On the Border. The food is good, the salsa is mildly hot - but not stingingly so, and the place is good for table-side conversations (NO loud Mariachi band music drowning out all the pleasure of enjoying both a good meal and pleasent conversation with friends).

Visited August 2012
Slinger, Wisconsin
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The food was incredible. Our waiter was very friendly and outgoing. They seem to bend over backwards to make sure the customer is totally satisfied. I had the Southwest Tacos and they were incredible. Had a really good tasting sauce on them. Would definitely eat there again.

Visited July 2012
La Paz, Bolivia
“Flauta”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The chicken flauta had too much condiment, but the frijoles and rice were really good, eventhough I asked the waiter "no rice only beans" the cheese cream was really artificial, I didn't like that, but I enjoyed it.

Visited July 2012