“Great Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Everyone enjoyed the food. Right across from Oliver Garden but much more genuine Italian here! Will come back.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a far cry better than Olive Garden...they had the nerve to build in the parking lot right in front of Ippolito's, but their food is about 15 times better than the chain.. If you want good food, and lots of it, skip OG and eat at Ippolito's. you'll be glad you did...and save room for dessert. Luscious selections, and my favorite: cannoli!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Ippolito's is my girlfriend's favorite Italian restaurant in the entire Atlanta metro area. I whole-heartedly support her claim! The first thing that knocked me out was the butter garlic roll. Oh my God they are heavenly! They are hot, soft, and dripping with buttery garlic goodness. The marinara perfectly complements the roll, but the roll stands up by itself. I ordered the grilled chicken and shrimp olive oil angel hair dish, and was pleasantly surprised by the freshness of both proteins and the perfect balance of olive oil to pasta. Simply amazing. The baked ziti (girlfriend's fav) was OUTSTANDING! The sauce and italian sausage melt together in a velvety combination that leaves you wanting more and desiring no other pasta in your life. I HAD THE BEST, and will never have a pasta dish this good until I return. Moreover, the Cheesecake Factory needs to move it along...the Alpine Bakery provides the desserts at Ippolitos's - OUTSTANDING choice. The chocolate chip cheesecake is the best cheesecake that I've ever had. It isn't too creamy or firm; it carries the right balance of mascarpone and chocolate chips so neither flavor dominates the other. It is also PURE HEAVEN. I cannot thank my girlfriend for sharing this place with me.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Real Italian!
This is the resturant we go for special occasions (and when I need a feel good, pick me up). It has the real family italian style that I know from the Northern New Jersey / New York area. The marinara sauce is so authentic and I can't stop eating the rolls. The margarita pizza is fabulous, I love their chicken dishes and I've never been disappointed by a 'special'! They have a nice wine list with early week night wine specials.

1  Thank KarenMackDrozd
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Had dinner there last night with my daughter, son-in-law andmid-teen grand daughter. We found the place to be really nice. Service was good but not over-bearing. The food was really quite tasty. This place has a neighborhood feel.

As a starter they brought fresh bread and tomato sause which was really good. The sauce had an exceptional taste. Salads were good too. I had the veal piccata and it was excellent (capers had real taste, not the bland versions you often find). Grand daughter had a Calzone and she liked it so well she ate most of it (we had bets that over half would be in the take-home box). Daughter and son-in-law had different things that were both very good. All portion sizes were generous.

I didn't check the wine list so I can't offer an opinion there, but it is a neighborhood place so I wouldn't expect to many high-end selections - just don't know. Price was reasonable for what we received (4 of us ate for about what my wife and I usually spend by ourselves for dinner on a weekend).

We will go back.