“I could get a better steak at the waffle house”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #5 of 307 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have always been a fan of copelands but I was highly disappointed with the last visit. The waiter told us their steaks were the same quality cut as Ruth Chris's Steakhouse. That was not true. The very expensive ribeye was no more than centimeters thick. Ordered medium came out still cooking like a fajita well done. They brought the steak out telling me to "pull up my napkin because it was popping...sir beware." Our friend ordered a duck pasta. The pasta was brought out with no duck. The plate was taken back into the kitchen. When his plate was brought back out, the meat in his pasta was not duck. The bow tie pasta and crab cake pass was delicious. Just very disappointed with the steak quality and misrepresentation.

Bill G, Owner at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I’m very sorry to hear your Steak was not served to our standard on your last visit. We try VERY hard to provide and exceptional, 30 day aged, center cut product, for our steaks and PRIME steaks. Normally, we receive excellent reviews on this item, in quality and value. It appears the steak was overcooked and you did not appreciate the sizzle platter presentation. I’m sorry we fell short but hope you decide to give us another try. Every Wednesday we run our “Prime Steaks and Premium Wines” promotion, offering our most popular Steaks for a discount and Bottled wines at half price. Maybe this would provide an opportunity to try again and let us show you a better experience?

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I had been wanting to come here for Sunday Brunch.
While the food was good I was slightly disappointed in the selection. I expected more for the cost of the Buffet.
I think I'd rather just keep it a dinner location.

1  Thank IYAAYAS1

I am deeply sorry to hear that your experience with our Sunday brunch was less than satisfactory, as we strive to make our brunch the best in Atlanta. I am happy to hear you still enjoyed our food and plan to continue dining with us, if not for our brunch.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Everything that I have tried here has been good. I enjoyed the chicken parm at lunch. It has a touch of Alfredo sauce which makes this a great dish. Service was great.

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. I'm glad to hear you had great service and enjoyed the Chicken Parmesan. We look forward to having you dine with us again. Check out our New Orleans, Live Jazz, Sunday brunch buffet when you have an opportunity. This event will really allow you to try a wide range of our New Orleans and American menu items .

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We are both from the Gulf Coast and we know gumbo. Copelands has the best gumbo in town. Chock full of seafood, with just the right amount of okra (not a huge fan of okra, but this was not overwhelming.) The roux was perfect. We didn't order entrees this particular day, but we have in the past and were very satisfactory. You have to order the white chocolate bread pudding. It comes with rum sauce, raspberry sauce, and caramel sauce ( I believe). Absolutely yummy, so rich you might just have to share it. Don't count the carbs & cals, LOL

Bill G, Owner at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback. I’m delighted that you both enjoyed our gumbo and the white chocolate bread pudding. We look forward to having you dine with us again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just an OK eatery--nothing special. Food was acceptable, but not authentic New Orleans. Stuffed Shrimp-too much bread stuffing, not enough crab meat. Service was barely OK. Our server seemed to be per-occupied--did not seem to care! There were 6 of us plus a baby and they included an 18% tip--way too much for the service we received. Had to ask for water. I Will not go back there again.

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your dining experience at Copeland’s. The service you mention does not reflect our standard and I hope you will consider giving us another try. Please consider visiting during our New Orleans, Live Jazz, Sunday brunch, allowing you to sample a larger variety of menu items. I’m sure we can find something you’d enjoy.