“A taste of home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Copeland's of New Orleans

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #8 of 284 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marietta, Georgia
“A taste of home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We are both from the Gulf Coast and we know gumbo. Copelands has the best gumbo in town. Chock full of seafood, with just the right amount of okra (not a huge fan of okra, but this was not overwhelming.) The roux was perfect. We didn't order entrees this particular day, but we have in the past and were very satisfactory. You have to order the white chocolate bread pudding. It comes with rum sauce, raspberry sauce, and caramel sauce ( I believe). Absolutely yummy, so rich you might just have to share it. Don't count the carbs & cals, LOL

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill G, Owner at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. I’m delighted that you both enjoyed our gumbo and the white chocolate bread pudding. We look forward to having you dine with us again.

Marietta, Georgia
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Just an OK eatery--nothing special. Food was acceptable, but not authentic New Orleans. Stuffed Shrimp-too much bread stuffing, not enough crab meat. Service was barely OK. Our server seemed to be per-occupied--did not seem to care! There were 6 of us plus a baby and they included an 18% tip--way too much for the service we received. Had to ask for water. I Will not go back there again.

Visited June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your dining experience at Copeland’s. The service you mention does not reflect our standard and I hope you will consider giving us another try. Please consider visiting during our New Orleans, Live Jazz, Sunday brunch, allowing you to sample a larger variety of menu items. I’m sure we can find something you’d enjoy.
North Georgia Mountains
“WOW! Our new favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went to Kennesaw to celebrate our daughter's graduation...we can't believe we have never tried Copeland's before! It was AMAZING! We started with the Hot Crab Claw appetizer...fantastic! It was plenty for all 4 of us to have a healthy portion. There were 5 slices of french bread with it that we dipped in the amazing garlic sauce...my 9 year old couldn't get enough of it!
The menu has a large selection...something for everyone. Our graduate's 2 favorite foods, Shrimp Alfredo & crab cakes were combined in one fantastic dish so that was of course, her choice. I had the dinner portion of crabmeat ravioli...there are no words to do it justice! My husband had the Veal Copeland and it was also fantastic. We did order the loaded mac and cheese to share as a side, but it didn't come out until we were almost done eating. It was worth the wait though! Our server was good and doing the best she could considering that she had way too many people to serve (there were 2 parties with 20 (demanding) people while we were there)...management should have extra bus people there to help serve & clear.
The portions are huge so we took half of it home for later, and saved room for DESSERT!! We ordered a slice of the mile high carrot cake and a slice of plain cheesecake, both of which came with as much whipped cream as cake :) (my graduate was thrilled!) and they were FANTASTIC. The carrot cake was the best we've ever had and even at $9, it was worth every penny (it was a huge serving). Our total bill not including tip was slightly over $100 for 4 of us & we had softdrinks, an appetizer, an extra side to share and 2 (pricey) desserts, so it is very reasonable!
Now that we know about Copeland's, it will be a regular dining destination for us! We are already planning our next visit...Father's Day brunch! Our server said that on holidays, the brunch menu is even more extensive than usual. I give Copeland's 6 stars on a 5 star scale! YUM!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your positive feedback! I’m excited to hear that you and your family enjoyed a variety of dishes and your new graduate was pleased with her pasta and crab cakes. I’m glad you had enough food to take home for seconds and that you all enjoyed your desserts as well. Thank you for being patient with us on such a busy night. Congrats to your new graduate and we look forward to having you dine with us at Copeland’s again!
“Lots of great menu choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I dine here pretty frequently. The food is really good, from red beans and rice to pasta, as well as the Copeland's burger with Tiger sauce.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill G, Owner at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback! We are always happy to hear when customers dine with us frequently! I am glad we have so many menu options that keep you coming back for more! We look forward to you dining with us again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Food very good, fresh, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went to Copeland's last night for the first time. I have heard of it over the years but have never tried it. It has a very good menu selection, so much that I had trouble deciding what to order. Our food took a while to prepare even though the restaurant was not very busy. One of the orders was wrong but that person ate it anyway. The waitress asked what she could do and he said it was OK but if she would bring some of the stir fry spinach that would be good. It took too long so we got it to go. To top it off, there was a minor roof leak right over my head! We told the waitress and the manager came over and said he was sorry. We all thought we should have gotten a free meal or coupon with all this but sadly no.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill G, Owner at Copeland's of New Orleans, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I was very sorry to hear about your visit, and I hope that we have made up for it since. We truly appreciate the feedback of our customers, it is what makes us better as a restaurant for the community.

I hope that you will visit again soon and possibly have a good reason to review us again.

Thanks again for all of your feedback.

Bill Goudey