“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Hixson, Tennessee, USA
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Since I am an elite member of LaQuinta Inn's rewards program, I obviously travel a lot. This LaQuinta Inn deserves a Ten in every category. Upon checking in the assistant manager, Juanita, informed me that my room had been upgraded to a suite before I had a chance to request it. The room was very clean, very spacious, and the bed was of professional quality and comfortable. Since my schedule for the next three to four days would be flexible, I requested that my room to be one of the first cleaned in order that I could return to work or rest without interruption. This was done each day of my stay. The work area was large enough to handle my computer, books and files, and the coffee maker made excellent coffee.

Although the location is close to a busy street, no disturbing noise could be heard in my room, nor any from the room on either side or above me. Since I was new to this location, I inquired from Juanita, and the General Manager, Darren Patel, of a good local non-chain restaurant that was close by. I was given several to choose from, and all were excellent choices. I would recommend this LaQuanta Inn to anyone looking for a clean, safe, spacious facility to stay. No matter how small the request, this professional staff is great in seeing that the guest is satisfied with their stay. In terms of the great facility and excellent staff verses the cost, the guest is clearly the winner here. I have already made my reservation for my next visit to Kennesaw. I am NOT a shopper, but for those who are, the Town Center Mall is within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

5 Thank johnmF4186GW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orem, Utah
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Staff was friendly but hotel overall was run down. The light switch in the bathroom didn't work. You weren't able to turn off the bathroom light. There were holes in the walls in two different places were electrical work had been done, but the holes were poorly covered with a metal plate or a piece of sheetrock that wasn't finished.

The outlet on the wall behind the bed was damaged and partially hanging out of the wall. The hand rail in the stairwell was attached to the wall with a metal strap.

Overall, I was disappointed the general maintenance did not match my experience at other La Quinta Inns. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The chain has lost me as a customer. Room 404 has an issue with the water shutting off properly in the shower. Be mindful of the water damage at the floor between the tub and door. If you need the fridge go ahead and ask for another room. Sleeping with the loud hum it made was impossible. We had to unplug it. When I complained they deflected me by saying that I had to go through the booking site. When I called they told the booking agent that they inspected after we left and everything was fine. No more Laquita for me. I'll go out of my way to find a Hampton or Fairfield or even a Microtel before I go to another Laquita.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Blacgold
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have a 60 pound Siberian Husky. We visit family in Marietta a couple of times a year, and have stayed in the hotel every time for the last several years. No other hotels in the area will allow a larger dog like ours. We usually stay in the winter, so the pool was covered. This hotel is in a VERY convenient location, across the street from a nice mall with lots of restaurants and fast food. That said.... **Do Request a room on the Mall Side, not the Freeway Side and not close to the elevators.** The staff has always been super friendly and helpful. Yes, the hotel is older and a bit run down, but we have always found it to be clean, the breakfast a was always good. Fruit, hot waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereals.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in at 2am. They had a room available, and it was affordable. The room was clean, and they offer a decent free breakfast, but that's about it. The beds are very uncomfortable. The area is questionable. At that time of night, safety was a concern for us. The biggest drawback for us was the noise. It's extremely close to the freeway, and right next to a bar. We checked in at 2am surrounded by loud shouts and screams from the bar. Once the bar closed, we were still kept awake by the traffic noise from the freeway. Not a very restful stay. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Woodstock, GA
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I thought other reviewers were being picky. No, they told the truth. The building is rundown and in terrible condition. We booked a nonsmoking room. When I opened the door, the smoke smell was overwhelming! We switched rooms...the side of the highway. Sheets were oily when we entered the room. My mother and I changed the sheets ourselves because we were so tired from our 12 hour journey. The highway noise was like sleeping in the median of HWY 75. The next morning went down for coffee. The arch to the breakfast area is cracked and split, three large water stains in the ceiling...no decaf coffee offered. I overheard two other couples voice their disappointment in this location. My view point...the owners of this location should be ashamed, the employees can't make a positive experience if upper management will not invest any money in this location for upkeep. Our family stays in LQ in several states...this location...don't stay. Pool was not open either.

I do not hold staff accountable except for the cleaning staff.

Room Tip: Go some place else. Or...away from highway, double check nonsmoking room before paying. Good hotel...