“In a nice suburb of Atlanta.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kennesaw, GA
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Dog friendly, that's why we chose this hotel. So far our stay has been very nice. The interior rooms and hallways could use fresh paint. The hotel is located near a shopping center. We had a great dinner at a sports bar called, Bogey's, which is right next door to the hotel. Great salads and micro brews. The staff has been very friendly too. Compared to the last two hotel rooms we've stayed in on our cross country trip, this one is very nice. Sometimes it's hard to find a decent hotel that allows pets. Decent size room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kennesaw, GA

Reviewed May 11, 2011

This was our first time at this hotel but it won't be the last. Very friendly front desk staff and a super location very close to I-75. Every chain restaurant, and some locally owned ones, along with malls and movie theatres within a two mile radius. Not too far from Kennesaw Mt. civil war battlefield site if you're into history and have a couple of hours to spare. We booked a suite and got two full rooms with microwave and small frig for less than $100. Also included was a continental plus complimentary breakfast. Rooms were nicely decorated and clean. When traveling with our pets, LQ is our first choice of hotels - no pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

My parents had the misfortune of being in a nasty car accident on I-75 the day after a snowstorm in Atlanta. They are senior citizens and were on the first leg of a long drive back home from Florida with their two dogs. Their car was totaled. After being checked and released from the hospital, police officers helped them get checked into this La Quinta as it is a dog friendly hotel. I drove up from Florida to help them get situated and eventually to drive them the rest of their trip home. I have to say that the front desk staff was so genuinely concerned about them, I was amazed about how much they helped them get situated. They helped them bring in bags and always asked how they were feeling every time we passed through the lobby. I am grateful for the kind-hearted souls who work at this hotel for treating my parents just the way they needed to be treated. The rooms were clean and comfortable. While there were a few maintenance issues such as a broken hair dryer and a burned out light bulb needing attention, overall, the stay was nice.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Hotel appeared ok, located right next to the highway. We had a room on the 4th floor with a jaccuzzi which was nice. The hot water to the shower/bathtub had horrible pressure, but overall it wasn't a bad room. In the middle of the night, we found several cockaroaches. We spoke with the staff in the morning during check out and seemed not to care, and even laughed as she told the cleaning staff in spanish (good thing I understand espanol). Emailed the main website, the owner emailed us back with a half hazard apology, and saying that they would correct the problem. I sure hope so, I don't know about you, but I sure don't like roaches. I won't be going back here ever again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dolphirefighter
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Reserved a non-smoking room. Checked in and got my room key. Walked into the "non smoking" room that smelled as if someone had chained smoked for the past 2 weeks in there. Got another "non smoking" room. Not as bad a smell but still pretty bad. I went down and asked for yet another non smoking room but was told they were all full. So I ended up spending 2 nights in a nasty smelly room.

The room itself was dingy and kind of run down.

Staff was nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We travel frequently during the summer to Atlanta for baseball tournaments. I used to work for AAA and I am pretty picky about hotels. This trip was sorta last minute and the hotel we wanted to stay at (Hampton Inn-Roswell) was not available for the first night. I booked this LaQuinta on a short notice. Getting ready for bed, I noticed a roach crawl across the night stand. I became paranoid but due to the late hour and early day we had the next day, I struggled through. I tried to sleep in the middle of the bed with the lights on but needless to say didn't get much sleep. The next morning I began to notice lots of things. Something was on the wall by the bed, the bathroom was disgusting, a huge leak from the ceiling in the bathroom (must have been from the shower on the floor above), two loose pills in the night stand drawer along with roach droppings. In one of the drawers was an ash tray even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. As I was getting my son together(he had an adjoining room) I mentioned the horrible things I had found in my room. He then told me that there was a condom wrapper in his night stand drawer. I have included photos. It was horrible.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2010

This place was horrible. The rooms were very small and dirty. Pet hair covered the floor and the rooms smelled. The linens were stained and the pool was a joke. The pool lights were never turned on and the pool furniture was broke. The chemicals shed was left open with many dangerous chemicals for children to get into to. Cigarette butts were all around the pool. I had to get the skimmer out myself and skim the layer of bugs off the top of the pool. My kids begged to go swimming and I only let the swim for about 15 minutes due to the condition of the pool. The hand rail in the pool was broken and came out of the cement. Oh and the pool is in the parking lot. You have to walk across the parking lot to get to the pool. Not that you want to swim after seeing the condition of the pool. The breakfast is another joke. It was unfit to eat and cold. I understand that it is a pet friendly hotel but....GROSS!! I do not see how anyone leaves this hotel without complete disgust.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)