“A lovely place to rest!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed September 3, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Came into Atlanta area for a football game. Needed to book a place quickly and downtown was full. Chose this hotel and was very pleased with the location; proximity to the interstate and great dining, plus it was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Georgette L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel was pretty nice and centrally located. The rooms were nice and clean as well. I had requested extra towels and they were in the room when I got there. The staff was cordial. Also - this hotel was under going some renovations, which the website when booking, notified you of I think prior to me booking. But, none of that bothered me. The pool was closed while we were there, but it was only an overnight trip so I wasn't concerned with it. If you are ever in the Kennesaw area, in need of a good hotel to stay at, definitely check this one out!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel is under "soft renovation" .... We were told to be careful not to trip on the carpet in the hallway. We had arrived early enough to enjoy the spa we had seen online, we rounded the corner and it had been "CONDEMNED". We were disappointed so headed to the pool. The walkway was very dark and had drain pipes ON the walkway. The gate lock did not work. The pool had dark shadows that turned out to be algae. According to the manager "no amount of scrubbing would remove it". We had to knock on the door to have someone let us in as there was no key access or outside handle ~ it had been removed. On the way back to the room wires were hanging from the ceiling in the downstairs hallway, visible as many of the ceiling tiles were removed. back in the room and exhausted from our journey I noticed MOLD on the ceiling above the bed, then water stains on the rest of the ceiling. Apparently a 2nd floor flood from the sprinklers going off the week before. The outlet sparked when I plugged into it. Poor TV reception, safes don't work, sheets were clean, but badly torn. Chairs in dining area torn and badly worn. By morning I was wheezing and knew I had to leave that room. The manager agreed to put us on the 3rd floor and there was no mold there, an outlet did not work. If we had been spending more time at the hotel I would have checked out. While I sympathize with the manager having to deal with all these issues. I question the ethics of a group who purchases distressed properties and keeps them open despite health and safety issues. Day 2 pool chained lock and hotel being painted!! I saved the hotel the embarrassment of posting pictures, although it would be more accurate than the ones of the pool and spa! A call to the Regional Director of Operations cell phone has not been returned. :-(

Room Tip: Don't stay on 2nd floor it flooded end of July when sprinklers were set off "by a guest han...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

room & service were fine. much renovation in the building, so it looked a bit under par than usual

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you have the choice DO NOT stay at this hotel. It was the most disgusting place I've ever stayed at. From the stained filthy floors to the horrible stench of mildew in our room. We had to switch rooms because the smell was so bad in our first room. Algae in the pool, tv reception was awful, the wash machine didn't work for two days, whirlpool was out of order, the public bathrooms were overflowing with waste. When I went to the front desk to tell them they were irritated with me and handed my son the plunger! NO LIE!! And that's not the worst.....I got caught in the elevator. It got stuck between floors and started shaking uncontrollably. It lasted for only a minute but I was never so scared.

For the safety of you and your family do NOT stay here!!!

We HAD to stay there for a baseball tournament otherwise I would of checked out immediately.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Anthony H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Jackie S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and make us aware of your experience during your recent stay. We take our guests’ satisfaction very seriously and will resolve any issues expeditiously. This is the first report of any such issues so I am currently researching and will certainly address with our team. I am pleased to let you know we are in the process of a renovation at the hotel and look forward to sharing our improved services when you are in Kennesaw again. Please contact me directly so I may handle your reservation request at ahumpel@peachtreehotelgroup.com

Anthony (Tony) Humpel