“Tired Travler”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hamilton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews I had read. I'm glad I did! I had a very nice stay, the staff were friendly, the rooms were comfortable and the breakfast was great. The hotel is away from the traffic but close to all the shopping and eating establishments. I would recommend this hotel and I will stay here again when visiting in Kennesaw.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our basketball team stayed at the Wyndham for a basketball tournament. Overall, we had a good experience. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The bed linen felt like a big fluffy cloud. The lady who made breakfast every morning was very friendly and pleasant and kept the breakfast area clean and stocked. The big screen tv was perfect for our coaches and players to watch the Final Four game. The room crew kept the room nice and stocked with clean towels and toiletries everyday. The location was great with a mall, Walmart, and plenty of places to eat in between. The only issue with the look of the hotel were the dining chairs! I didn't understand how a place that is so neat and clean had the ugliest chairs in the eating area. A few guests did not sit in the chairs because they were afraid the chairs would mess up their clothes! It is very obvious to see all the chairs were torn and scratched up. If I were looking for a place to hold a business meeting, the chairs would be a great turn-off.
The only problem we had was with the front desk. We had rooms booked through Hotels.com. Somehow the Wyngate didn't have us down for all the rooms we reserved. Although it was an error on Hotels.com and not the Wyngate, the front desk ladies could have been more helpful in helping us secure rooms elsewhere. They just kept apologizing and not really offering us much help. We had to insist they help accommodate us. We didn't need an apology, we just needed some additional help with getting some rooms somewhere. So although I gave excellent marks overall, the customer service fell short. Our basketball teams frequently travels to the Georgia area and it would be great to have a hotel we can always go to and expect great customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Luvstotravel T
BeckyGar, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear LvstotravelT,
Thank you so much for giving us a review on TripAdvisor. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you and your team experienced regarding reservations – I truly appreciate you acknowledging the error was not created by the hotel. I regret our front desk team did not do a better job of assisting you with alternate accommodations and will use your comments to improve the service and actions taken by our team members.
It sounds like everyone had a fun time and great stay while at our hotel and really enjoyed our convenient location. We are so pleased and excited to let you know we will be going through a refresh soon to upgrade the hotel. We look forward to offering you a “new” and improved hotel soon and hope to have the pleasure to serve all of your team’s needs when traveling to Kennesaw. Please contact me directly so I can establish a group block and ensure all of the team’s reservations are with our hotel. bgarner@peachtreehotelgroup.com or call 770-514-7344.

Becky Garner
east metro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

March 2013 one night stay while on vacation---pulled in late with a hotel book coupon resulting in a $70 + taxes charge. Room (king bed) was clean with updated furnishings. Very comfortable bed & pillows, writing table outfitted with all necessary ports for charging cells & business travel needs. Would love to buy a set of those pillows that (polyester clumps) looked as if they'd be terrible yet were wonderful to sleep on. Strong (not common to our extended travel experience) internet signal, couch, frig/micro, lcd tv, room safe, marble vanity in bathroom, ample towel supply of good quality, and shower drained well. Sample sized personal hygiene amenities provided were a step above usual. Breakfast bar had a variety of yogurt flavors & fresh fruit in addition to the usual items. Staff were uniformly courteous & pleasant to all. Overall our best lodging experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here! My hotel room was VERY spacious....Wow!! The front clerk was very nice and courteous as well. The icing on the cake was their continental breakfast in the morning which couldn't come at a better time :) It felt like I slept on a cloud in their bedding which was a Serta Perfect Sleeper (great mattresses by the way). The reason I came here was because I was turned off by the Wingate by Wyndham hotel in the Smyrna/Atlanta area. It was real "ghetto" when I was there and the guests were real loud and obnoxious so I decided to come here and was I ever so pleased! I stayed in one of their jacuzzi suites and the jacuzzi was very nice indeed! The guests who stayed here when I arrived did seem somewhat distant and racist but other than that the hotel itself was a GREAT bargain and I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple