“We're sold on Wingate Hotels”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've had such great experiences with Wingate by Wyndham Hotels that I look for them first when planning a trip. The entire hotel was very clean. The free breakfast is much better than average. After a long day of driving we like to put our feet up and read our books. This hotel provides an armchair and footstool. Our first stay in a Wingate we were provided with two nice armchairs. Although there is room, since that time we have only found one and the other person had to use the desk chair. We have found the staff to always be very courteous and helpful. I poured myself a glass of milk after breakfast and found it to be turning bad. The attendant was very prompt in dumping it a providing a fresh carton.

Sometimes their properties are off the beaten path and our GPS takes us right to them. I assume that lower real estate costs allow a higher quality hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
La Vonia D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your experience and giving us feedback. We strive to provide consistent accomdations and service. I apologize that you experienced issues during your stay. I have shared your comments with the team. We have retrained in the areas that you have mentioned so that we may continue to provide the best for all of our guests.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Every time i visit this hotel.. everyone is so nice ..some of them know who i am since i go often...the beds are so comfortable...this time there was paper on there floor under the desk.. maybe the cleaners missed it....also during breakfast there is this one cleaning lady that always stands around and watch the people as they get there food... i overheard some people complain... other than that i love the hotel overall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
La Vonia D, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing us with feedback about your stay. We strive to provide consistent service and cleanliness in our hotel. I apologize that we did not deliver on this during your last stay. I have shared your comments with the team and we have done some retraining in the areas that you mentioned.

Thank you for choosing our hotel again for your accomodation needs. We hope to see you again soon and we look forward to serving you.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family had reservations to stay at this hotel for two nights. We got there, and the room was disgustingly dirty, mold in the bathroom, the bathroom floors were filthy with dirt and the sheets had dried up blood on them. Absolutely disgusting.The pillows were flat and old. The room was very outdated. The staff was very rude and the carpets in the hotel room were soaking wet. We left as fast as we checked in. STAY FAR AWAY!! Not in a good area either, and very difficult to find.

1  Thank jenesty d

We take all reviews seriously, so we are definitely concerned about your experience. What you encountered is not the impression that we want any of our guests to have. I shared your comments with our team team members and we have resolved the issues that did occur. I apologize for us not delivering the best in service and product to you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Have a GPS ready because this place is difficult to find. You will need to go through a residential area and there are not any signs around to help you find it. The hotel could use a renovation but was very clean. Breakfast was a let down. Went down about 930 and nothing seemed fresh. Was happy with the hotwire rate but if I would have paid full rate I would have been let down.

1  Thank sammyjcar
La Vonia D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. I am sorry that your breakfast experience was less than satisfactory. I have shared your feedback with the team and we have made some adjustments to ensure that items offered are fresh from beginning to end. We appreciate that your during your stay there was no cleanliness problems. The team works hard to make sure that this is not an issue.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Best wishes,

La Vonia De Yampert-Wynn

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I travel for work all the time. Stayed at this Wingate due to the location near work. During check-in I was greeted by the front desk staff, sales manager and general manager. All the staff was incredible. The rooms are outstanding, very comfortable beds and great showers. The Manager reception (dinner) was excellent. It is provided by local businesses, I just wish it was every night. I would highly recommend any traveler to stay at this outstanding hotel. There are plenty of and shops around if you get time to do anything. Otherwise stay in and hang out with the outstanding staff!

Room Tip: My room was a king with a mini fridge and micro wave which was great since I stayed a few nights.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive words and positive feedback. We value your feedback. I will be sure to share everything with the entire team. We appreciate that you did value the service, amenities, and location of our hotel. Our team strives constantly to provide the best of service and accommodations for our guests.

Should your travels bring you back to Kennesaw, Georgia, we hope that you choose our hotel again for your stay.

Best regards,
La Vonia De Yampert-Wynn -- General Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Made my reservations 2 weeks in advance. Showed up after a 6-hr drive to find I had been "walked" which must be Wingate-ese for "send to a flea-bag Best Western". I am a corporate traveler, this is the only preferred hotel my company (Fortune 500) has in the Marietta area. No call, no email to let me know so I could make alternate plans to stay in a hotel fit for human habitation. The Best Western was near the University and was abysmal. Will never return to the Wingate.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank keith c

We apologize for having to provide accommodations at another hotel for your stay. Unfortunately, there were circumstances at our hotel that would have made a less than desirable stay at our location. We try our best to partner with other hotels that can provide comparable service and amenities in these rare occasions. I am sorry that we failed you during this trip. We should have made attempts to contact you prior to your arrival, for this is the normal procedure, and I again apologize that this did not occur.

I have shared your experience and very constructive feedback with the team, so that we will do better in future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience again.

Best wishes,

La Vonia De Yampert-Wynn

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Kennesaw is the half-way point on a recent road trip. Due to a great rate on Priceline, we booked the Wingate for an overnight stay in both directions. The hotel is a bit tricky to find. The car's navigation system took a round-about route. There is an easy short cut but it goes through the parking lot of the Brunswick bowling alley. If you plan ahead, get a satellite view of the geography to show the best route. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping.

The lobby is clean and inviting. The staff (Toyna) vert friendly. The guest room was large and clean. The furnishings however have many miles on them. Drawers on the dresser in our room were crooked and off-track. Every chair in the breakfast room had cracked and split seat cushions. The couches are lumpy and used. The king bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was nicely presented but lacking a bit in taste and selection. I didn't know one could make scrambled eggs so tasteless.

OK for a night and an excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive words and feedback. I will be sure to share everything with the entire team. We appreciate that our hotel did bring value for your stay. With your feedback we are examining ways to improve the our breakfast. I am sorry that you did experience a less than positive experience when it came to the overall product of our hotel. We are working with ownership to make the necessary improvements to furniture in both the guestrooms and lobby, so that in the future all of our guests will have a more positive experience.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Best regards,