“Nothing exciting but it provides all you need.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
London
“Nothing exciting but it provides all you need.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

This how I look a hotel for a business trip: Simple, quiet, clean and reasonably priced with spacious rooms that have a comfortable bed. The internet is free, there is an iron and a coffee maker. The reception staff are friendly. You can walk to a few nearby restaurants and it is in between 2 shopping centres that you could also walk to although nobody ever does that in the US. The one thing I did not like too much was the breakfast because they only had a few things with weak coffee and plastic cutlery. The general downside is that it is boring but if you are travelling on business and have little time for other things it is just fine. I just wish they had more hotels tlike this (incl. the pricepoint) in Europe.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
La Vonia D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive words and feedback. I will be sure to share everything with the entire team. We appreciate that you did value the service, amenities, and location of our hotel.

Should your travels bring you back to Kennesaw, Georgia, we hope that you choose our hotel again for your stay.

Best regards,
La Vonia Wynn -- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mishawaka,In
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

The hotel is in a busy area but set back away from all the noise. Front desk very helpful and check in/ check out was a breeze. Breakfast was better then most hotels. The beds were comfortable and the room was spotless. Good choice for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

We had a good stay at this Wingate and the staff was quite friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable, had Wi-Fi, breakfast was excellent and the bathroom had hot water running. A pleasant experience overall.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cochran, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

First let me say that we were really patting ourselves on the back with our choice of hotel; the room was quite large, the bed was comfortable, the location was great, and the price was right. But we changed our mind in the middle of the night. Around 3:00 in the morning the very drunk lady that was staying across the hall was beating on her door trying to get in. Evidently, she and her partner were having a fight and he had locked her out. The knocking went on and on. After about 45 minutes, my husband got up and opened our door to see what the problem was. She just said she couldn't get in. My husband said she looked "rough" and was drinking out of a bottle. When more than an hour had passed and she was still knocking, I got up and went to the door. She was steadily putting in her key card, getting a red light, trying to open the door, knocking, and repeating the steps. I asked her to go down to the front desk and ask for help. She would not respond and just kept doing the same thing. The hallway reeked of alcohol, papers were strewn about on the floor, and a shaving razor was lying right outside our door. She was barefoot and very dissheveled. I shut the door and called down to the front desk. It was about 4:30 by this time. We had not been able to sleep since 3:00 from all the knocking. The lady at the front desk said that she had been rekeying her card every 5 minutes. I let her know that she was disturbing the peace and that something needed to be done about it, but no one from the front desk did anything about it. Finally my husband went back to the door and told to go downstairs and stay and I guess she did. Later on around 8:30, she was back, knocking louder this time and asking very loudly to be let in. The door opened, and her partner came out, pushing past her with a dog on a leash. She ran after him, out into the heavy mist, barefoot, and trying to get his attention. Now, one of my biggest complaints is that the lady at the front desk said that they had just been hearing complaints about them even though the maintenance man said they'd been there for almost 2 months. They also claimed they didn't know they had a dog in their room. How can you be there that long and someone not know you are keeping a dog? We told the people at the desk that if it happened again that next night that we would be calling the police. When we checked out the next morning, the police were siting outside watching the hotel. I just feel like the hotel could have done better by keeping this situation under control. I paid my money for a good night's sleep and I didn't get one. I also didn't get an apology from the staff. I don't know if I'll stay there again. If i do, I'll have to check and make sure there are no drunks that are fighting anywhere close to my room.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no crazy people on the floor on which you are staying.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pinlady0
Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed here overnight in early October 2011. I was traveling for business and had meetings in the area. I found the hotel to be as advertised, rooms were in fine shape and the bed was comfortable.

I had some time before my first meeting, so I wanted to check-in early, around 11:30 am. The front desk was extremely accomodating, and helped me. I had booked a King bed, but since I was early it was not yet available, the clerk gave me the option of waiting for the king to be cleaned or taking a room with 2 double beds immediately. I opted to take the doubles since I wanted to freshen up.

The hotel is located very near a major expressway, which was great for me. I was able to quickly get to my appointments, however if you are a light sleeper, it may get too noisy.

They hold a small meet and greet in the evenings with appetizers and soft drinks, along with a nice hot breakfast spread.

Overall, if I find myself in this area again, I would have no hesitation at staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here because we loved our stay at the Macon Wingate four days prior, but drove further than we anticipated so we stopped here. We arrived around 8:30, the front desk person was nice, we dropped off our bags and went to find something to eat. Plenty of places to choose from. The room was huge, the bed was okay, but the tv only got 10 channels. When we tried to set our alarm for the morning we realized there was no clock. We thought we'd better get a wake-up call but both phones didn't work. My husband went down to let them know and we were offered another room but by now it was 11:15 so we stayed where we were. My husband emailed the hotel's general manager that night but it's two days later and he still hasn't heard back. Breakfast was very good but that wasn't enough for us to come back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Lynn P
Slocomb, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

First, I love staying with Wingate by Wyndham hotels but I was highly disappointed with this hotel. Check-in is 3pm so we get there around 3:45 and rooms are still not ready. When we finally check in to the hotel, we only had 3 towels for my party of 4. We ask the cleaning crew (who was still cleaning rooms after 4pm) for another towel and she state she didn't have any towels. Ended up going to the front desk to recieve another towel. The very next day, the same thing happens with the towels. This time the front desk clerk says to ask the cleaning crew and again they didn't have any towels. My wife even went to the Hotel's laundry room and they told her that they didn't have any. So back to the front desk to get towels. I will not be staying at this Wingate again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank da1astd0n
WingateKennesaw24, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
I really appreciated this feed back from his paticular guest because it let me know that we have something to work on. During their stay we were sold out for several days because of having several baseball teams in house. During the days the teams were here, the kids were asking for more than the required towels becaus of their baseball games. In order to accomodate them we gave the teams extra towels which obviously left this family short on towels. The situaion has been corrected by having more towels on hand fo teams that come in