“What a PIG STYE!!”

Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“What a PIG STYE!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have NEVER seen a filthier hotel room in my life. I arrived and was greeted by a very large coachroach sitting in the kitchen area as you enter the room. There was a nasty cair and ottoman in the corner and God only knows what the stains were. I went into the bathroom which looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks (smelled that way as well). The floors were dirty and the final straw was the bed....stains all over the spread. I was afraid to pull back the sheets. I didn't expect the Ritz but I surely couldn't accept such a shabby room. Immediately left and now I'm fighting with them for a refund. I will say that the young man who helped me was very accommodating and offered another room but once you've seen roachs....well, you know. You'd be better off staying in your car!!

Room Tip: Run from this place!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank hollal
Kimberley E, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Kennesaw, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Hollal,

First off, I would like to thank you for your comment. All comments are always welcome and we would like to take the time to respond to yours. I apologize that your stay here in Kennesaw was not what you expected. I have recently switched our pest control services to Orkin and we will be working hand in hand with them to remove all bugs from the property. Secondly, I have gotten with my maintenance team as well as my housekeeping team to ensure that we have the cleanliness taken care of. We are working hard to make our hotel the best that we can and I apologize on behalf of my entire team that we could not make your staff the best possible. Once again, thank you for your review and we will continue to work on our mistakes that you mentioned!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel now for 3 years. I live in Chattanooga but work in Atlanta.I stay here 5 days a week.The hotel is in a great area.There are no problems here.Very safe. It has a great price.All rooms have kitchens and 32 inch flat screens and nice desk. The staff is amazing! They get to know you by name and will go out of there way to accomodate you.The area is close to everything.The mall is 2 blocks down.All restaurants,highway, and shopping centers within a half mile.Wouldnt stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tony e
Dear Tony E,

Thank you for your response on here! We appreciate your business and we look forward to having a continued relationship with you!
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel stay that my wife and I have experienced. Where do I begin....first of all the bed smelled like urine...there were stains on the walls....there was no shower liner, so we were stepping out of the shower into a huge puddle. There was no working remote control. The internet service was pitiful...in and out. This place did not have an iron and ironing board in the room....we had to borrow one from the front desk. The walls are so thin that you can hear your neighbor thinking. The lock on the door was missing, so we had to have maintenance install a lock. My wife and I simply wanted a nice 3 day stay for a little R & R, what we got was a horrible hotel. Do not stay here!!

Room Tip: Our experience at Holiday Inn Express has always been good, and that's exactly where we are goin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Eric M
Kimberley E, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Eric M,

My name is Kimberley A. Eason and I am the new General Manage of the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel in Kennesaw, Georgia. I have read your review and would like to take the time to apologize for your stay. Since your stay we have done renovations to the hotel. Our beds are brand new and they are fresh and clean. We have also went through every room and done detailed painting and cleaning to ensure that the cleanliness is 100% improved since your last stay. We have invested in new shower curtains that hold the water in and replaced all the broken remotes in the room. None of our rooms have Irons and Iron Boards but we do have them behind the guest for guest use. We sign each of those out and call back to ensure that we have them for the guests that would like to use them. I would like to extend the offer to you to come back to Kennesaw area and take a tour of our newly renovated hotel, and I would personally like to be the one to show you what we have done to improve our hotel! Once again, thank you for taking the time to fill out this information.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When me and hubby are in the process of moving...we always stay here. We feel comfortable, price is affordable, and customer service is great. They recently added flat screen tv's and more channels, and other renovations that we love. I can see that they want to make their guest appreciate their stay. So here's where they can improve: they run out of supplies quick, such as pots/pans and iron boards. Although no one seems to bother anyone, a group of guys hanging/smoking outside the back entrance door by the laundry room at night, can be a little creepy to female and not professional... running continuing or potential customers away. (For that reason I wish they had 24 hr staff). The other entrances are clear...no one hangs out there. Out of all the years I've come here....hanging outside the back entrance at night has never been like this...I pray that changes fast. But It may just be college students because their was a basketball game this week, nothing to fret. The rooms are clean but they need to change out some old stained appliances, which can make the rooms look like their not as clean. One side of the hotel looks better and cleaner than the other side for some odd reason..I think one side is more renovated. Some rooms smell good when you walk in and some smell stale. They should spray all the rooms. The noise is not bad...some halls are very quiet and some u may here kids. (its a family setting) doesn't bother me and I always get good sleep. Overall I see a great future for this hotel...I see they are still making improvements. They try their best to please their customers and they not only want your money but want you to be happy. No place is perfect, where not in heaven....And if u want close to perfect you better be rich. I hope this helps whomever is looking for a great stay. I always enjoy my stay here..especially when they have great deals/specials. Good quality for less money is always a plus. If I am unsatisfied with my room or anything I always call the front desk and they do whatever they can do to fix the issue. Of course u can't please everybody but everybody is not hard to please! They get a (B) from me. Great place.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Lundyn,

Thank you for your response. We have done a lot to improve the hotel and we look forward to a lot more renovations in the future! Almost all of our rooms have been renovated with the new carpet, floors, beds as well as the furniture! I am sure we will be working on the appliances very soon and we want to continue our process! We have been monitoring the guests that hang around the entrances and we want to ensure that all guests feel safe 100% of the time!
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family and I thought we had gotten a good deal..You know the phrase" you get what you pay for"...the deal was too good to be true...we were greeted by a roach crawling on the stove..the smell of the place was a smell of stale smoke..people hanging out the windows..my family and I slept in our clothes because we could hardly wait for the office to open at 7 am so that we could get a refund and immediately check out..the bathroom was so disgusting I used it in the dark so that I would not be reminded of the bugs coming out of the tub drain.. it was just not a clean sanitary place..however the lady at the desk was nice and did not hesitate to refund our money..Choice Hotels should be ashamed to have their name attached to such a place..would not ever stay there again nor would we recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank harper3373
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

True. As many people have said here, the staff is kind. The rooms, in general are o.k. However, I have NEVER seen bathrooms so disgusting. My family tried to stay here for a bit while looking for a house. After complaining to the front desk about the thick mold in my bathroom 3 times and Nothing was done, I was allowed to look at other available rooms. It was sad to learn that every room had the same mold problem. I picked one with not quite as much mold.... Still disgusting.

I can truly say that I have never experienced a hotel stay anything like this. I do not understand why a decent price should be a trade off for cleanliness. The staff acts concerned and notes the problem, but nothing is ever done to fix the problem. Whoever gives this place a high rating for cleanliness has never really looked at the shower or maybe they just don't care... like the staff. I won't even begin to discuss the non-working ice machine and a loose toilet.......

Room Tip: If you do not care about the disgusting shower, pick a room with the wood floors or tile and flat sc...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank D G
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I reserved a non smoking room a few days before I arrived. When I checked in I got a smoking room that was so bad it would burn your nose. So asked for a different room and was told they were full. Well that's odd when I was aware of others coming to hotel that didn't check in. So after four days, I got moved. Better room for sure. Well since people actual live here, you have dogs barking and whining all hours of the day and night, and kicks running up and down the hall way. Nothing is ever done. To top it off, the Internet is terrible. Nice to see the local law enforcement at the hotel a few days a week too.

• Stayed January 2013