“Marriott should remove their name from this property”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Atlanta Kennesaw
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed August 8, 2011

At 1st glance the 2 BR, 1 BA is not sooo bad, really. But then you notice:
1. super thin walls - to sides and above
2. teeny-tiny microwake in kitchen, small fridge, small stove, the 4 glasses they give you.
3. Dirty bathroom with spots that just need some bleach and scrubbing (that has not been done in a while).
4. The humidity of the room with regular AC PLUS 2 window units poorly installed - one unit was in the living room and one was in 1 of the bedrooms, but the other bedroom did not have one... Unsure of this whole set-up. The unit had huge gaps at the sides that allowed anything and everything to get through (Check out the pics).
5. Window unit in oe bedroom has cord stung across half of room around desk chair instead of using another plus with extension or some other sort of option.
6. Beware if people are above you (we were on the ground floor). It sounded like Elephants above us.
7. The "breakfast" was pulled out on carts in th emorning and of course, there was no seating - you HAD TO bring it back to your room... juggling hot coffee, food, with no help - fun when you have a small child in towe. They should offer some sort of carry container or tray or something.
8. If you really were trying to cook here - look out - a VERY minimum number of utensils too!
9. There are some old Cigaret burns in the tables
10. We called about a lamp on teh desk that did not work... so for the rest of our stay (2 more days) there was NO light... they just removed it - that's all! GREAT!

There is VERY, very few good I can say. I did like the bathroom layout with the sink area seperate from the tub and toilet - but neighter had a fan so if you did not keep the door to the shower shut after a shower - the mirrow would fog up - but I just kept it closed.

There is NO WAY I would ever stay here again... both y husband and I agree that Marriott would be ashamed at this! Look at the pics for yourself and make a decision. We stayed 3 nights, then went to another state, stayed in a MUCH NICER (MUCH!) Residence Inn for lese money and gee... did I say it was much nicer?

Good luck! I hope this helps - let me know if it does help!

By the way... they do have a tiny fitness center, but we did not use it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FlanFam

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I frequently stay at Marriott properties which are suites, and have never stayed in one that is so worn and unkempt. Dresser and closet were broken beyond repair. (A repairman did come to try to fix the drawers but said there was nothing more he could do..and he was right!) Cobwebs in the corner of the bedroom. Sofa worn and saggy. Internet works only intermittently and I was told by the front desk that I needed to call an outside service for technical support, which I did after 3 frustrating days. They reset the router and said that it needed to be done every couple of days. Why it takes a guest to make that call, I have no idea. Kitchen inventory: dishes, silverware, bowls, is sparse. one of three washing machines was broken throughout our stay. One of two treadmills was broken throughout our stay. There was a truck of construction workers parked outside, who "rigged" one of the doors so a room key was not necessary to enter. Whether or not they were paying guests, I don't know, but I suspect they were doing work at the hotel and spending the night there.

Floors and walls are paper thin. You can hear your neighbors next door and above you. Our room was next to the elevator, so we heard that too.

This hotel needs a whole makeover, and then might be worth what they charge. I'd recommend going down the block to one of the Hilton properties: Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, or Hilton Garden Inn instead. We had friends staying in all three hotels and visited their rooms and they were soooo much nicer. We tried to switch, but unfortunately, they were all booked for the week.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank BasebllMom
Reviewed April 16, 2010

This is a great value, especially with Corporate Rates. It is consistently comfortable, clean, and convenient. Add great location, quietness and a courteous staff to that mix, and you'll know why I keep returning. Great proximity to restaurants on Barrett Blvd, proximity to Cobb Parkway (Hwy 41), and access to I-77. Nice, full kitchen. Lots of cable channels (no adult channels if your looking for those). Rockers outside for the smokers.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
TpsManager, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you for your response! We appreciate you choosing TownePlace Suites Kennesaw and Hope to see you again soon!

-Brooke Stall, General Manager

Reviewed December 4, 2009

Price: 120 for a 2 Queen, 1 sofa bed (Marriott.com price)
Bed: Foam based. Soft to medium. Comfortable, could have been a little more firm.
Room Features: Stove with oven, sink, dishes, cookware, fridge, dishwasher, box TV's, separate living spaces - (each bed was in it's own room).
Cleanliness: Extremely.
Breakfast: Continental, did not experience
Other amenities: Laundry facility. Pets allowed with $75 cleaning charge per Georgia State Law. Fitness center, and access to Golds Gym if not adequate.
Other notes: The living space was fairly small, but the separate rooms made up for that. Major appliances were slightly dated, but in perfect working order, and although the style dated them, their condition looked brand new

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The location of this property was perfect for our plans so I decided to booki it. I made reservations online without incident but was disappointed that the room with taxes would cost approx. $160 per night. I booked two rooms at this rate. Upon arrival there was no one at the desk of the tiny reception area but upon calling out a friendly clerk arrived. She was helpful and efficient and I was on my way. Our rooms were on the bottom floor of the building across from the reception area. A key is required for entry which was nice for safety. The rooms themselves were a bit tired. There was some mold in the caulking around the tub. The kitchen had plates and pots and pans and I found it not to be lacking any thing I might have needed it I were to use it. We had young children along so I had wanted a place with a kitchen. It served the purpose. I slept on the pull-out sofabed and it was miserable. The mattress was very uncomfortable.
There are lots of restaurants and shopping neaby, We went out and when we returned the only parking was towards the back of the lot and the lighting was very poor. If I had been a single female traveler as I often am I would not have been happy about this situation. The next morning we took advantage of the grab and go breakfast which is packaged muffins and bagels in tiered baskets that you can take back to your room. It was crowded and the selection was not good. All in all I think I would have felt better if I had paid $89 per night for these rooms as I would consider that a fair price. It worked for us for the location and hopefully I will nolt need to stay in this area again. If you choose to stay here I hope you can beat my price and feel less ripped off.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here over 180 days in 2008 for medical reasons. We were treated like family from the first day we arrived. Everyone from the top staff to the housekeeping staff made us feel as if we were at home. No request went unanswered.

I would highly recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank MedMama
Reviewed April 10, 2009

I (Mr.) have been a longtime member of the Marriott properties. And travel But I have to admit this one was a huge dissapointment. The bathroom was not clean. The coffee pot did not work. When I drained the water from the system itself, a glob of gunk came from the main system. It was disgusting. Now on the positve note. The front desk staff was very friendly. They seemed to try to make up for the poor rooms. This hotel will be deleted from my list. Plus this hotel is a pet friendly hotel. Makes you wonder if there are any stains on the carpeting from a pet. or if it just got done taking a nap on the bed.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank kimmarlin
towneplace, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2009

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we did receive your comment through Marriott's Customer Care as well and we have corrected this oversight. I apologize that you encountered a cleanliness issue during your stay. We strive to maintain a clean, crisp, friendly enviroment for our guests. Your night with us has been credited back to your account for the inconvenience, I do hope that when traveling back into the area that you will give us another try.
Brooke Stall