“Nice place, right in the heart of Kennesaw State University”

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Listen to your GPS or you'll drive right past it. It's setback from the road and signs are small and low to the ground so it's easy to miss if you're not paying close attention. I drove around the block because I didn't see it and my GPS wasn't making sense to me so I wound up driving by it and didn't see it until I listened to the GPS and found the driveway going in what I would call the back way. If you drive down Chastain Rd NW you could very easily drive by Town Point Pkwy. It's a small little road that looks like a driveway to an office complex. The good news is that if you drive by it you can take the next available left and go around the block to get to it. There is no on site restaurant or bar and not much within walking distance (unless you want fast food or don't mind crossing over Highway 75 on foot)

The desk clerk on duty when I finally got there was very pleasant and friendly. She got me checked in right away but was more than willing to chat and give me recommendations for nearby eateries.

I was only there for one night but the place was clean, up to date and the room was spacious (see pics). The kitchen area was basic, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker definitely enough to get by without a problem.

The living room area was nicely separated from the sleeping area and the tv swiveled so it could be seen from either spot. There's a small desk and free internet access so you can get some work done; but not while you're watching TV, it doesn't swivel that much!

The bathroom area was very spacious. The sink and vanity were separate from the shower/toilet (these were in a room of their own). Of course the bathroom had all of the basic amenities including a wall mounted hair dryer and there's an iron & ironing board in the closet along with extra blankets.

The room was kind of an odd shape to me, but there was plenty of room and the mattress was comfy. I was happy to open the window a bit to get some fresh air and a good nights sleep.

The fitness center was very basic but it worked. The breakfast was also pretty typical. I was disappointed that there wasn't much for fresh fruit; but at least I didn't go hungry and it was a nice spot to meet my colleagues at the start of the day.

Next time I'm in that area I might check out the Embassy Suites, more stuff in walking distance. I may be back to this hotel, but not without checking other places in the area first.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Djd63

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This Springhill is very convenient to I-75 and has lots of commercial business around it so you can find almost anything you might want. Everyone I've spoken to prior to arrival was wonderful!! Receptionist was pleasant upon arrival and the one the next morning was also very nice. Property is your basic Springhill - not anything fancy, but more than enough for a night or so. Room is good size - I had one with 2 beds. Living room had love seat, chair, end table and small coffee table. There was a work desk and kitchenette with refrigerator (very small freezer), microwave and small sink. Bathroom was the basics and there were towels for 3 people. Plenty of room to move around. Beds were comfortable, although it's the typical Marriott product where the covers aren't very substantial so if you're used to sleeping under something with a bit of weight, forget it. Nice little concession area in lobby with drinks, frozen meals, ice cream, etc. Free breakfast was good: milk, 2 juices, 2 coffees, hot chocolate, fruit, bagels, toast, muffins, waffles, scrambled eggs and two types of sausage. They were VERY busy the morning we were there and were good about keeping things stocked, even within the last 30 minutes of breakfast time. Why didn't I give them a 5 rating? Because it's not a "to die for" hotel. But, for the price and amenities, I'd go back without any question.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Adam V, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Realtornumber1

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw. I am glad you enjoyed your suite and the service provided. I will be sure pass it along to my staff and we hope to welcome you back in the future when your travel brings you to Kennesaw.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Springhill Suites is located at Exit 271 off I-75 north of Atlanta, convenient to Kennesaw State University. The staff was well trained and the hotel fully equipped for an all-suites property. My room had embedded crud on the bottom of the tub, which I concluded was non-toxic! Some of the furnishings were beginning to show their age. But, in general, this is a good example of this kind of suites property and I would choose it again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Adam V, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear waldentenn

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights here and found the experience very nice. The people working the front desk were very nice. The room was clean and housekeeping cleaned our room while we were at Dragoncon. The breakfast is not Cracker Barrel but for a hotel it was nice with several hot items along with various cold items. The location was very close to I-75 and there were many places to eat within easy driving distance. In fact, if you ask the front desk they will give you a list of places in the area with directions from the hotel. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Arrived late one sunday night for 4 day business stay. Room large and bed comfortable but smelt of damp, wiring was a little dated too. On 3rd night water started running out of my bathroom across the floor and carpet so I visited reception. I was advised to 'move my possessions to high ground' whilst the maintenance man was called and they looked for another room. I spent most of evening with maintenance man whilst he fixed the problem and was told I could not stay in room , then nothing was available so I had to stay in room, then I was offered a 'no show's room'. I was told my bill would reflect the inconvenience but on departure my CC was charged in full for my stay before I was even out of bed on final morning. Breakfast was bit like a transport cafe , plastics bowls,plates, cutlery and not at all what i expected . Air con very noisy but working. I will not be going back

Room Tip: Ask if they have any updated rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Adam V, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Sarahmary572

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw. I apologize that your stay was not excellent. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident we will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at Springhill Suites on our way back from Florida. It was very clean and the front desk person was great. It was right off the interstate and close to many area restaurants. The front desk has a great map with all restaurants on it. Breakfast was very good. It's your basic buffet breakfast, but everything was fresh and the woman working there was constantly cleaning and updating the food. The beds were soft, yet firm enough so you don't sink. Enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Adam V, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Scootiequeen

Geneeral Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2013

After fighting traffic we arrived to our week-end "Retreat". We were greeted by a delightful young lady who made us feel so welcome. Our reservations were in order and we were in our room within minutes. Every staff member from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the dining area were not only helpful but very pleasant. Our room was, as usual, Marriott quality....clean, tastefully decorated and located conveniently to the lobby, dining area and parking. This was especially important as the week-end was a Mother's Day gift for my Mom and she is 90. We were not familiar with the area, but were provided with a easy to read map of the area with our specific interest highlighted. I would invite anyone to take advantage of the truly "Southern Hospitality" provided at the SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw and take in the local charm around the Town Point Drive area.

Room Tip: First floor for people with special needs
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear nmd41234

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw. I will be sure pass it along to my staff and we hope to welcome you back in the future when your travel brings you to Kennesaw.

Geneeral Manager