“Layout of room is nice, but room smelled a little musty” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
“Layout of room is nice, but room smelled a little musty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

The family liked the sitting area separate from the sleeping. The hotel seemed very clean. The room decor seemed a little dated and had a musty odor. The overall stay was decent but we may try a different hotel if in the area again. The hotel was in a good location.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments in regard to your stay at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw. I apologize for the odor in your room. We take great pride in keeping up our accomodations to Marriott standards. I will be researching your comments and sharing with our staff. We hop that you choose the Springhill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw again in the future when your travel needs bring you to the Kennesaw area.

Adam Vickers
General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel was super quiet and in a great location. The actual room had an odd layout and some dated aspects but great features like a huge TV and sitting area more than made up for it. The bed was very comfy but the stand out feature for me was how amazingly crisp and clean everything felt! In my travel experience that is rare. Also a huge asset to this property was a very friendly staff, especially the young lady who checked us in, very sweet girl.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MommyWentBananas
Adam V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate you selecting the Springhill Suites Kennesaw for your lodging needs and we hope to serve you in the future when your travel brings you to the Kennesaw area.

Adam Vickers
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

We did not like this hotel. I can't believe it is not well-maintained being so close to a university. While the location is great, right off I-75 in Kennesaw, the property leaves much to be desired. The rooms look old old old, feels dated, does not feel clean. The complimentary breakfast was hot, about the only plus. We had run out of Hilton points and had to leave the very well-appointed Homewood Suites off Barrett Parkway for this...bad move. We have never had a problem with SpringHill Suites before, but this is one location I will avoid in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PennyPincherDallas
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was at this Hotel in March 2012. I would not recommend this hotel, I would rather stay at the Residence Inn 1/2 mile away. The rooms in this hotel smelled very musty and it got a lot worse when the air conditioner turned on. There was just an overwhelming odor as you opened the door to the room.

Room Tip: Stay at a different Marriott in the area if you are loyal to Marriott.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ogiaag3
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kennasaw. With regard to the facility, Hilton Garden Inn rates higher; hotel in better condition, rooms are more comfortable, clean and updated. I will say that the staff is more friendly at Springhill although I was a bit disappointed that I had to have a discussion with the front desk about having allergy free pillows and bedding rather than them simply saying, "I see from your reservation that you want allergy free bedding and wanted you to know that we will take care of that asap". Instead they asked me about it, told me the room wasn't set up with it but they could do that if I wanted it. I was in a hurry and told them to disregard. Yes, my allergies kicked up so I had to take some extra meds.

Overall the hotel is ok. Will I stay here again, most likely not. This is no reflection on the staff as they were very friendly but rather a reflection on the facility and price. The Hilton Garden Inn just down the street has a nicer facility for the same price. The staff is not as friendly or accomodating so I plan to try Embassy Suites next. I'll let you know how that goes.

Cheers,

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

I'm a loyal Marriott customer, so I'm familiar with the Springhill Suites brand. With three kids, we like these hotels because they offer us enough room for all of us. We chose this one because we were on our way back to the Chicago area from Orlando and needed somewhere on that route. Kennesaw is just north of Atlanta and is therefore a good place to stay. It's right near the interstate (and near Kennesaw State University).

The hotel is very clean. The front desk people were nice. Breakfast was typical Springhill Suites, and with the added extras of blueberry waffle batter (in addition to the regular kind) as well as pecans and grits (as we're in Georgia after all). We ate early but had no trouble getting a table, and the food was well stocked.

For the first time in all my Marriott stays, I received a welcome letter from the manager (presented to me upon check-in) due to my elite status. That was nice (though I was addressed as "Mr." in the letter despite my girls only first name!).

I have two less positive comments. First, there is no inside pool. Yes, it's the south, but it's still too cold to swim outside in January, and many hotels in this area do have indoor pools. The only thing my kids like about hotels is that they get to swim, but that was not an option for them here.

Second, it's got double rather than queen beds. They were comfortable, but queens are much nicer.

Still, it's a nice place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Kennesaw was at about the half-way point on a drive to the beach Christmas night. Got there about 9pm and treated like someone important. It's hard to desribe every little thing the front desk clerk did to welcome us and make us feel special. We got the same treatment from the desk, breakfast and housekeeping staff the next day. You have the try Ms. Martha's grits on the breakfast buffet. I know, you've had grits and don't like them, but you've never had grits like these! Easy on and off I-75. Hotel was clean, safe and quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family