“Delicious with generous portions!”

Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ
Order Online
Ranked #11 of 371 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A cute & cozy BBQ joint specializing in FRESH hickory smoked meats. Located just 1.5 miles from I-73, exit 273.
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

I had a to me combo with ribs and pulled pork and it was very good. The sauce is an interesting Fusion between Carolina vinegar in Kansas City Style.
Mac and cheese was very good as was the Brunswick Stew.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

I always felt you could really rate a bbq place by it’s ribs or chicken. In this case I had the ribs and they were off the chain! Smoky yet not dry... I’m not a fan of the “meat fall off the bone” ribs that seems to be a standard at some places... and this was exactly the opposite! A good decent amount of meat, not oversauced just wonderful smoked flavor and texture... two ribs I was full and brought the Third home with the side as a meal next day.... for less than $10! Sold! Will be back ASAP!

Date of visit: March 2019
Chic D, Owner at Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Thanks for your review! I think you will be equally impressed with the Smoked Half Bird.

Reviewed January 17, 2019

The small main seating area is expanded with an air conditioned porch. Authentic barbecue, smoked on site and always served fresh. Plates and sandwiches are good values. Pulled pork is my perennial favorite, and brisket is outstanding, though everything I've had here is excellent. I even tried the pulled pork tacos on my most recent visit, and they were outstanding.

Date of visit: November 2018
Chic D, Owner at Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

We were delighted to find a gluten free restaurant near the interstate. The proprietors could not have been nicer. The helpings were large and reasonable and very good. I know, we only rated them 4 out of 5... we are KC BBQ fans first. Don't let that stop you from visiting this very good restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed September 12, 2018

They had a tent at the recent Pigs N Peaches event. My son & I got a BBQ sandwich that was YUMMY! That's why we went back last night. We had a meeting in Kennesaw & wanted to try their restaurant. Even though it was later in the evening, the food was still fresh-tasting and wonderful. My son got a combo platter with ribs, chicken & brisket. I got the pulled & chopped pork plate with cole slaw & beans. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The people were extremely friendly & attentive. The restaurant was very clean. We will certainly be going back!

Date of visit: September 2018
Chic D, Owner at Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thanks for the great review Patsy! Hope to see you again soon.