“Great BBQ!!”

Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #11 of 295 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A cute & cozy BBQ joint specializing in FRESH hickory smoked meats. Located just 1.5 miles from I-73, exit 273.
“Great BBQ!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Gluten free options including homemade bread, friendly staff and fantastic BBQ! They have lots of good veggies and specials that change regularly. A weeknight favorite.

Acworth, Georgia
“We did take out”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I grabbed some food to take over to my husband's work. We ordered Steve's Sampler which came with a little bit of everything. I ordered an extra side, which they forgot to put in! Shame on me for not checking!!! I'll just make mention the next time I visit, and I'm hoping the manager will make it right. Anyway we liked the ribs and brisket the best. The shredded pork was ok. The sausage was also ok, had an odd texture to it. My daughter loved the ribs as well, and their mac & cheese is VERY good! We also enjoyed their baked beans, very unique mix of different beans. The platter was enough to feed two adults and a small child. We will be back for more.

Visited March 2014
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Awesome BBQ”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is our favorite BBQ place for ribs, pork and chicken. The meats are smoked just right and the sides are flavorful too. The brunswick stew is spicy and sweet which is a must have side when you enjoy your BBQ. Smoked salmon dip is great too with no fillers. If you want BBQ then this is the place you must go to and eat it.

• Visited November 2013
Kennesaw, Georgia
“GREAT BARBECUE!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I have got to say, I am somewhat of a barbecue connoisseur and tho place is off the charts!!! I've been here at least a dozen times... I strongly suggest the ribs!! It's family owned and operated.. You probably won't be very excited by the exterior and interior appearance but trust me, it's well worth stopping in and having lunch or dinner!! You won't be sorry, I promise!!!

Visited February 2014
Dallas, Georgia
“Love the smoked salmon dip”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The bbq was very good and enjoyable. But the thing that surprised me the most was how good the salmon dip appetizer was.

• Visited November 2013