“GREAT BARBECUE!!”

Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #11 of 294 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A cute & cozy BBQ joint specializing in FRESH hickory smoked meats. Located just 1.5 miles from I-73, exit 273.
Kennesaw, Georgia
“GREAT BARBECUE!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I have got to say, I am somewhat of a barbecue connoisseur and tho place is off the charts!!! I've been here at least a dozen times... I strongly suggest the ribs!! It's family owned and operated.. You probably won't be very excited by the exterior and interior appearance but trust me, it's well worth stopping in and having lunch or dinner!! You won't be sorry, I promise!!!

Visited February 2014

Dallas, Georgia
“Love the smoked salmon dip”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The bbq was very good and enjoyable. But the thing that surprised me the most was how good the salmon dip appetizer was.

• Visited November 2013
“Favorite BBQ ”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We have tried many BBQ places. This is our favorite one in Georgia! Love the small town mom and pop feel. GREAT BBQ- we take our relatives here when they visit!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Dissapointed...Again”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I know that this review is contrary to nearly every other review. I have had sliced beef brisket, by the pound, from the Big Shanty several times over the last couple of years. The last two times, within the last three months, when ordering sliced brisket a la carte, I, and my family, were served very fatty, thick slices from the large end of the brisket. It was not very warm either. It astounds me that that was what I was served when ordering in the dining room. Of course, smoked brisket lovers know that the large end of the brisket is very heavily fat marbled. Restaurateurs should know that these pieces are used for sandwiches. Normally I would just not return to a restaurant that served unsatisfactory food; however, what has caused me to make this review was a friend of mine, who I recommended the Big Shanty to, reported to me that he ordered sliced brisket, a la carte for a dinner party, and was given about 80% fatty meat, which he would not serve to his dinner guests. This caused me great embarrassment with my friend and his family. Management will state that this should have been brought to their attention at the time or that I should have requested the cut I wanted. That is an unsatisfactory response as the food should be right the first time. I did this the second time that I visited Big Shanty. I requested the small end of the brisket for my sandwich, but was served the large end, which is OK for a sandwich. At other times, the brisket was spot on when the small end was served, even with some of the large end. When served properly, the Big Shanty sliced brisket is the best that I have had outside South Texas. Good Luck.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank TrialAtty68
Loganville
“Yummmmmm......”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very good pulled pork sandwiches and the beans are definitely that good! We got a bowl of Brunswick Stew to share and we had enough to take home. Anyone who thinks the portion sizes aren't big enough are crazy!! Last but certainly not least, try the banana pudding. You won't be disappointed.... They also have the typical barbeque joint décor down pat!!!

• Visited November 2013

Been to Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ? Share your experiences!