“I Thought I Had Eaten Good Good BBQ Before”

Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #10 of 298 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A cute & cozy BBQ joint specializing in FRESH hickory smoked meats. Located just 1.5 miles from I-73, exit 273.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I pride myself on the quality of the que restaurants I eat at. How I have managed to never eat at Big Shanty I will never know. The staff was very friendly the minute I walked in the front door and took the time to explain the menu to me and offer recommendations to me. I am a purist so I ordered the pork ends where you get the smoke ring and the yummy charred meat. The meat was as tender as I have ever experienced and the sauce added that right amount of taste to complete a wonderful dining experience. Portions are hefty so go to Big Shanty knowing you will leave feeling full and fine.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Pork was ordered no sauce she said we don't sauce our pork it was very sauce over cooked and dry brisket was sliced the wrong way and dry also go elsewhere.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

After reading the glowing reviews we drove 12 miles to enjoy. Enjoy, we did not. The pork was spicy like a Tex-mex - definitely not southern BBQ. It was served with one sauce, take it or leave it. The sauce was medium-hot and spicy like the pork. No medium or sweet sauce here. The slaw was too tangy for my taste and the mac-cheese was gooey-dry. What was missing from the menu? French frys! Can you imagine a BBQ shack without frys? What can be said is that Big Shanty gives healty portions for a reasonable price and the staff are friendly. Even so, if I lived accross the street from Big Shanty I would still drive 10 miles to J.D.s BBQ on Bells Ferry Road in Woodstock. J.D.s BBQ might be the best in NW Georgia.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Big Shanty has some of the best BBQ around. Smoked pork, ribs, and brisket were all very good. Excellent smokey flavor and texture.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great family owned and operated BBQ. Everything is homemade right there. great choices platters or make your own combos

1  Thank rocks4me2002

Been to Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ? Share your experiences!