“Big Shanty IS BBQ”

Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #10 of 298 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A cute & cozy BBQ joint specializing in FRESH hickory smoked meats. Located just 1.5 miles from I-73, exit 273.
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We've been going to Big Shanty about 2 - 3 times per month since last year and have never had a bad meal. We've tried other area BBQ restaurants and while we enjoy them too, there's just no comparison to Big Shanty Smokehouse. My husband just loves the brisket and ribs; I usually opt for the pulled pork and have enjoyed the tacos too (especially if you like a spicy flavor). Their sides are all awesome too! Love the atmosphere & everyone at Big Shanty. Can't wait to have them cater an event for us.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have visited Big Shanty Smokehouse on many occasions and my family and I have always left with a full tummy of some the most delicious food I've tasted. The standard BBQ menu is wonderful, but the true secret of this hidden treasure are the things that you don't usually find at a BBQ restaurant. Make sure to try one of the daily specials it sure to be one of the best things you eat all week. Its nice that most of the kitchen is open so you can see your food get prepared as you wait. The restaurant routinely gets 100 inspection scores so I feel confident feeding my entire family including small children.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We eat dinner at least twice a month and always enjoy our meal. The food is very good. My husband loves the ribs and I always get the pork plate. They always give generous portions and we always have to take some home. The pork is so lean that even after refrigerated it never has any fat accumulation. Keep up the great work. We love the quaint little place!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is the best barbecue I have ever had! Our family eats here almost every week. I am gluten intolerant and have a lot of trouble eating out. But the family that owns this restaurant is also gluten intolerant. Their sauce is one of the very few barbecue sauces I can have and it is excellent! The staff is very familiar with gluten issues and can tell you what you can and cannot eat. They also have homemade desserts and they always have a gluten free option. A delicious option at that! The pork, ribs and smoked chuck steak are very good! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for really, really good barbecue in this area.

3  Thank Georgiahon
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Found Big Shanty when they first opened and knew immediately I had found a jewel. My favorites are the killer ribs, chicken and smoked salmon. Their Caesar salad rocks and the deserts are almost too good. (My waist line is a reflection.) You have to watch for the specials. The stuffed jalapenos, blue cheese wedge, pork and beef tenderloin, smoked prime rib and even duck are worth rearranging your day for. The place has that funky BBQ joint aesthetic that I love, however it is the only restaurant I have ever seen with consistent 100 scores on their health department inspections. Fresh, delicious, clean, and friendly . . . my kind of place.

1  Thank Steve B

Been to Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ? Share your experiences!