“Good seafood”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 291 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Busbee Parkway
Description: A great steakhouse experience is waiting for you at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Kennesaw, Georgia. Ruth’s Chris of Kennesaw is located in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel and features our expertly prepared USDA Prime steaks served sizzling on a 500° plate and an award-winning wine list.Our Kennesaw steak house provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere while the dense foliage of the open-atrium hotel envelops our restaurant in an air of casual elegance. For your next date night, business meeting or private party, our Kennesaw steakhouse offers superior service and a dining experience you’ll remember long after the meal is done.
Acworth, Georgia
“Good seafood”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I should start by saying my husband and I eat fish only, so this was an unlikely place for us to come. Someone had given us gift certificates. We were pleasantly surprised that the seafood dishes were excellent. The server had many suggestions for us and you would never know this was a steak house. The salad was also really good. This place is quite pricey and everything is ala carte. The service was excellent, although the atmosphere could use improvement as it is inside a hotel and very bland. If I were a hotel guest, I would be thrilled to have this restaurant inside the hotel, but it would be an odd destination for someone living in the area. I guess if you are a beef lover it might be worth it, as that is what this restaurant is known for.

• Visited October 2013

“Drinks”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I was a guest in the Hotel .
My friend and I had been out for dinner so we stopped in for a drink.
We ordered her favorite bottle of wine.
Now while I expected a slight mark up we were shocked at how much.
This normally $13 bottle of wine was $40.
Needless to say we will make another choice next time.
Too over priced.

Barrington, Rhode Island
“Typical Ruths Chris but somewhat poor wine availability”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Food is typical Ruths Chris.
It has been a while but a few "down grades" since I was last at a Ruths Chris.
- Steaks no longer come sizzling in the the plate that went in the oven. It has been transfered to smaller plate.
- Sides no where near as big as in the past.
Otherwise food was good all around.

Now the wine... fancy ipad, but should be an ipad mini, too bulky on the table.
I chose Italian, started with Babaresco, wrong year, same price. When we finished, was told that was last bottle. Had to upgrade to Barollo, again wrong year same price. Asked if they would give a deal since they ran out and had wrong year, simply "NO!".

Just not what I expect from a high end steak house. You run me out of the wine you put on an ELECTRONIC wine list and you dont make adjustments. Was a $550 bill, so it is not that the $30 makes such a difference to me, it is the principle of it... dissapointed.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great service, but won't eat there again”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our first experience eating at a Ruth's Chris, as well as a very special occasion. The seating was very sub-standard for the pricing, as all they have is tables for 4, and half-booths for 2.

They had no booster seat for our 3 yr old daughter in a formal gown. They offered a high chair, but that is entirely unacceptable for a 3 yr old, never mind the gown. Due to the lack of booster, she went crazy being unable to participate at the table, causing me to spend my entire meal catering to her, instead of enjoying our special occasion – something that would not have been a problem in any other steak house.

The service was impeccable. Several waiters attended to our every need. Food was served timely, and the crab-avocado salad was wonderful, served over slabs of deep red beefsteak tomato. The bread was wonderful. We were left to eat our food in peace, but never had to wait long to ask for something.

My husband and I ordered the same rib eye, yet his was nearly twice the size of mine. His was entirely edible, mine over-done and filled with gristle and fat. It wasn't as tender as any rib-eye eaten elsewhere. Steaks with gristle top to bottom can be identified before grilling, so there really is no excuse for that in a $45 steak. I didn't want to complain on this special day, or have to suffer the wait for another to be made, so I didn't. The flavor was excellent, despite being over-cooked.

The $8 baked potatoes we ordered were brown inside, with that awful flavor that comes from holding too long. The asparagus we ordered was served dry, un-buttered, with cold hollandaise sauce on the side. This should have been applied warm in the kitchen. The spinach au gratin was too sweet to eat.

As for the kid's meals, in this class of restaurant, I expect a child’s choice consistent with the adult choices: a small steak, chicken breast, with potatoes, broccoli. Not just grilled cheese, hamburger, and macaroni. I can get that anywhere. Other steak houses offer better. To use the restroom, we had to walk out past the hotel lobby and elevators. Not terrible, but not convenient. All things considered, I don’t feel much reason to return, especially for special occasions when I expect everything to work out well.

• Visited August 2013
Cartersville, Georgia
“Good service, and great steak!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Ordered the petite filet, very tender and cooked to my specifications. Asparagus and mashed potatoes delicious, just very small portions. Wanted more! Good service and very attentive to your every need. For the price of the meal, everything should be excellent! Left happy, not diappointed!

• Visited July 2013