“Good food and entertainment”
Review of Shogun

Shogun
Ranked #201 of 307 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The food was excellent. The chef was particularly entertaining. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We had a party of six. Ages were 24 to 74.

The food was great! Our chef was great!

Here is why I marked this restaurant very good instead of excellent - There was another couple at our table who had friends that showed up 45 minutes after the reservation time. So we sat and sat and sat and waited and waited and waited... Once they showed up and were seated, it was another 25 minutes until our chef arrived. Our 7:00pm dinner started around 8:30pm. Totally unacceptable.

The onion soup does not have much flavor. But the rest of the food was outstanding. Between us, we had steak, chicken and seafood. Everyone was pleased with the food.

1  Thank Ultimatetravelking
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Despite a strong sewage odor present upon entering the restaurant, we were promptly greeted by a friendly host before we changed our minds. We chose Shogun based on the previous three ratings.

Being frequent hibachi diners, we were very disappointed in the quality of the food. The onion soup was bland as if made with bouillon cubes and the fried rice was topped with frozen peas, corn, and carrots. Worn menus and torn bill holders didn't help with our impression either.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My wife is Asian and thoroughly enjoyed the food here, and the cook (hibachi grill) was very friendly. She did mention that the fried rice was 'wet', rather than cooked dry, which is normal from her experience. It still tasted great, though. We've been to many Japanese steakhouses, and of course they are all very similar (especially to me). What makes them stand apart is the cook. And ours was very nice. It was a rainy night (the night the tornado hit Roswell) and we were hungry, so that also helped.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

We were visiting my son and daughter in law and they suggested Shogun for dinner Christmas Eve. Sushi not my most favoerite idea for a meal. They have fellas there that cook your food right in front of you -sounded good to me. NO my son turned left and we went into the Sushi raw stuff dining room. There were five of us. My son wouldn't let me look at the menu. He ordered for all of us. Thinking back I wouldn't have known what I was looking at any way. My wife not sure about sushi my daughter loves it. We had a nice salad a bowl of soup so far so good. next came a large plate with beef and chicken and rice. NICE. We are good. All of a sudden our waitress appears wiyh a wooden ship with all kids of susi. the top of the boat is filled with 3 or 4 different kinds of sushi which my son had ordered.IT WAS FANTASTIC !!!!!!! I am sure if my wife and I had gone alone we would have possibly struggled with what to order but my son and dil go therr often. If you have never been out for sushi or are a regular eater THIS is the PLACE. I can't wait to go back.

Been to Shogun? Share your experiences!