“Worth the drive”
Review of The Juicy Crab

The Juicy Crab
Ranked #46 of 377 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We drove 2 hrs to eat here and it was well worth it. We arrived at 3 pm and were seated right away. Our waitress, Gabby, was amazing. Within 15 mins of ordering, our hot and delicious food was on the table. We all ordered the pick 2 combo and were given an abundance of shrimp and sausage. The seasoning was spot on too. My only complaint was, in the combo you are given one potato and one corn. Not enough for all the meat you get.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed September 1, 2019

Arrived at 5 o’clock (9/1/19 was in a party of 12 was told by hostess that the table will be ready very soon informed her we was at the bar The hostess said
she would come to get us 45 minutes later she still had not come to get us the bartender finally wanted to know was everything OK informed her we were waiting for a table she got the manager. Within minutes the manager showed up with menus ushering us to a table never saying a word never apologize nothing then the fun begin our waitress was Shambra B she was unable to get our order correct she never apologizeed. The service went from bad to worse most of us got the wrong food. I went to the bathroom that was a disaster it was filthy dirty paper towels on the floor toilet paper on the floor the floor was wet I will think twice about coming back to this establishment

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I went to The Juicy Crab on a Saturday, at about 4pm. The restaurant is set in a strip of businesses facing the mall. We had a 20 minute wait, and were seated in a booth behind the bar. The decor is kind of stark

Our waitress was nice. We all ordered soft drinks, plus 2 appetizers to share. The fried mozzarella sticks were meh. You could definitely tell they came out of the freezer. On the other hand, the onion rings were hand battered. Texture was good, batter could have used a little more seasoning. I would order them again, but ask for a dipping sauce.

Entrees. First of all, they bring you a bucket with bibs in it. And disposable plates. Real flatware, though. And there was a pretty long wait before the entrees were served. The entrees were served on metal platters, and the food was in plastic bags that the waitress opened at the table. My daughter ordered one snow crab cluster in garlic butter flavor, mild. My husband ordered a combo with snow crab, shrimp and sausage in Cajun seasoning, mild. I ordered a combo with snow crab and shrimp, in the juicy special seasoning, medium. The juicy special seasoning was a mix of Cajun, lemon pepper and garlic butter. It was AWESOME! All three entrees came with a couple of new potatoes and an ear of corn. The shrimp and crab had really good texture, not over cooked like a lot of places do. The flavors were good and didn’t overwhelm the seafood. When we were finished, the waitress just tied the bags back up for us to take the leftovers home.

It is a little pricey, but good seafood in this area is worth it. I’ll definitely go back again.

FYI, My biggest complaint (other than the cheese sticks) was about the napkins on the table. They were regular folded napkins, which are not nearly sturdy enough to handle the messy process of peeling seafood.

Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

Had the catfish. Best ever. Truly amazing. Wife had the 1/2 pound shrimp (heads on). She said it was very tasty. We had a side onion rings. Perfect! Price was good but the wait can be brutal. Suggest eating at off hours and not waiting for traditional meal times.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

We had the most amazing meal last night. We had the $28 special (easily fed 2) with snow crab, shrimp, eggs, sausage, corn and potato. We tried the Juicy sauce with medium heat. It was perfect! Our service was phenomenal. She was knowledgeable and tentative. It was my friends birthday. We had a great piece of cheesecake. We will be going back soon.

Date of visit: August 2019