“Great restaurant close by...”
Review of Fern Gully

Fern Gully
Order Online
Ranked #156 of 371 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Reviewed February 10, 2019

I used to eat at Golden Krust for Jamaican food, but found this place. So happy the food taste homemade! The fish is super good! And they offer more choices than most of the Caribbean restuarants around!

Try it... its something different and you will NOT be disappointed!!!!

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed December 5, 2018 via mobile

If you looking for a place to enjoy good food this is it. The atmosphere was really chill, and the staff was great they treated us like family. My husband had the oxtail which i had to steal a piece it was so tender and juicy.
I would definitely recommend fern gully to all my Carolina friends and family if they are ever in kennessaw Ga area you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

Had about 20 friends meet at Fern Gully, probably ordered every dish on the menu with so many people. Everybody tries each dish that was ordered. When I took each bite I thought I was back in Jamaica the food was so good. From the Jerk chicken to the beef patties it was so good, food, service and Authenticity of the restaurant was 10 out of 10. This place is a hidden gem, don’t walk to it run to it.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Parrish V
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

I rarely make reviews but I just had to for this establishment. The food was VERY bland! I'm not sure how this restaurant has such great reviews. Either these are people that like bland, flavor lacking food or I went on a bad day. But who ever cooked my curry chicken and stew chicken does not know what salt is. The cabbage, or as they like to call it "steamed vegetables," tasted like they just steamed the veggies and forgot to put any salt in. This was the same for the rice and peas and the curry chicken and stew chicken. You can put as many other seasonings you like but if you don't put any salt or very little salt, it will taste under seasoned and bland. And don't get me started on the fried plaintains! They were HARD!! Not oeey gooey and soft like they are supposed to be. Hence, severely undercooked! Compared to other Jamaican places I have frequented (and I have frequented quite a bit of different Jamaican places in different cities and states) this was by far the worst I've ever had! To make matters worst, they are pricey for the quality of food you get. I've been to hole in the wall places where the food was supreme, nicely seasoned and full of flavor that was less than this. It's ridiculous. If you're on a sodium reduced diet or like bland food, this is the Jamaican spot for you! Otherwise, go elsewhere. Salt is one of the simplest seasonings that can be used and yet, this place screws it up. Again, maybe I got a batch where the chef simply forgot what salt is but I definitely will not be returning. Sad.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Fern Gully? Share your experiences!