“Very clean, very new”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Donalsonville, Georgia
“Very clean, very new”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Great hotel. Nice pool, fitness room. Large flat screens, clean rooms, great service and breakfast. Each room has microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Best thing about the hotel was the Night Auditor and the cookies the hotel over charged me on both of the rooms I paid for then took forever to have it taken off. The GM claimed that because I was an employee of another choice hotel at that time that I was trying to get over on him because all employees try to do that. How was I trying to get over on him when in fact I was complimenting the hotel the whole time I was there? I didn’t complain about anything there other then the fact I noticed the charge discrepancy (they charged my account so many times they overdrew it and clamed I was trying to get over on them??????) He probably put me on the do not rent list because of this he was upset because I informed him that (at that time) there was a 100% satisfaction guarantee with the choice hotel brand and if not I would be fully compensated for my stay. I didn't care about paying for the room I had full intention of doing so if not I wouldn't have booked the room. I had no reason to try to get over on them I was only paying between $30 and $40 dollars a night (employee rate at the time) so why would I try to stiff them? The night auditor was the nicest man I have ever talked to and so was the FD manager I thought that the GM was sweet until he started acting like I was a thief and that is when I informed him I could report the hotel to choice because of how he was accusing me of doing so. I didn’t even ask for all my money back just the money that shouldn't have been taken out of my account. He re-funded me for one of the two rooms I told him that I did not have any issues with my second room and I felt as if it should be paid for because I was not here to start trouble or anything like that I just knew that I was not 100% satisfied with the stay. Other then that the hotel was BEAUTIFUL but if you are a Choice employee please be sure not to have any issues at the hotel or they will swear that you are just trying to get over on them (even if it was them that over charged you by over $300) P.S. THE COOKIES WERE AWSOME!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank NoReasonToLieAboutIt
Chattanooga, Tn
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel.
It was so clean and everything was perfect!
I think it is a brand new hotel or I couldn't tell if it wasn't.
We stayed for two nights and the rooms were spacious, clean, air conditioner worked great, bathrooms were big, beds were so comfortable and sheets were so nice.
especially the 42 inch plasma with like 70 cable channels.
We stayed on bottom floor where the indoor pool is and it smelled in hallways like chlorine, but other than that, no issues.
staff was friendly.
Room was listed around $115.00 a night on weekend. Pick up the local room saver hotel magazine and we paid only $69.00 a night.
BEST IN AREA. Mall and tons of restaurants close by.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Miamiball82
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Suites while traveling for business. The hotel was great! The room was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. In the morning, they have a free breakfast buffet - lots of food choices, and the food was really good. The hotel was also conveniently located - near the interstate, near the convention center, and near the university. Lots of stores and restaurants nearby as well. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tarebearky
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 19, 2010

My wife loved this place. We were returning from a trip to Florida was just north of Atlanta. Excellent location really nice hotel had a nice indoor pool also nice outside fireplace and seating area. Room was very spacious and breakfest bar had a nice selection.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RayG2U
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Very nice, rooms were nice clean and bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpfull

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed November 4, 2010

People should boycott chains like this one that engage in unscrupuous billing practices.

Our three night stay was fine until I looked at our bill afterwards. Contrary to both the Internet postings and our prior reservation information that we had received from Comfort Suites, we were charged an extra $1 per night for an unsought, added-on "Safe withltd Warrenty" fee.

Yes, there was a safe in the room, but we did not ask for it to be there nor did we use iit. If a hotel upgrades its facility in some way then it's fine, of course, for it to raise its advertised room prices appropriately.

Bait and switch pricing is another matter. The staff at this facility went out of their way to be helpful. It's a shame that by scamming customers, the owners negate the good well that is generated by their front line personnel's good service. No one likes being skammed, even for just $1 per night. What's next a "bed fee", "ironing board available" fee, and ""using the light bulbs" fee?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank chris0daniel
jgreengm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Atlanta / Kennesaw, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I was looking over the posts from before I started as General Manager in Oct 2012. I noticed your comment and I wanted to take a moment to let you know that the safes are in the rooms for your use. However, a lot of hotels charge for the safe. Some charge a destination fee because they are close to an attraction, some charge a bed tax. However, with ours it is clearly stated on the registration card that a 1.00 safe fee will be added to the bill, if you didnt use the safe let us know and we will remove the fee" I will take this time to credit back your $1.00 if the system will allow me too credit card.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused you, but for future travel, Please read the small print, because when you sign that paper you are agreeing to all that is listed.

Jim Green