Homewood Suites Atlanta NW-Kennesaw Town Ctr
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our first time staying at this property. The hotel was great. Room was very nice, clean and modern. Check in and check out was quick. Staff was nice. This is a hotel we will stay again. Close to many restaurants and interstate.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Atlanta NW-Kennesaw Town Ctr

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm here on business in Atlanta. The hote is clean, easy to park. I have a two room suite. has everything I need. The front desk staff are polite. Breakfast was nothing to complain about. All around a great stay for business for two days.

Room Tip: Room 403 wroked well for me
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After our first stay in July, we didn't have to think twice before deciding to stay here for 12 nights in December while waiting to move into our house. The room was very comfortable and clean, but the best part is the staff. The front desk crew always has a smile and a kind word. We can't say enough about the ladies in the dining area, Mrs. Cade, Nikki, Veronica and Sara. They made the delicious breakfasts and dinners they whipped up even more enjoyable. The one downside of our moving to this area is that we don't have an excuse to stay here anymore!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kandb1981
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very nice staff! Location to shopping and restaurants was great! I love hilton properties and this was nice. I would recommend staying closer to the elevator, pretty large property. Homewood are a great value and very nice.

Room Tip: I would request staying closer to the elevator. large hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaAnderson64
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night on the way to Disney in a 2BR suite. Was clean and in a good location near restaurants and the highway. Breakfast was fairly good for a free buffet. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kiwisky
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I should declare my bias first. I am a big fan of Embassy Suites, and this was my first stay at a Homewood. We ended up paying just a little under what I am used to spending for an ES, but felt we gave up quite a bit in the bargain.

Our room was fairly remote. It required pulling to the side of the building, entering through a key access, an elevator ride that should have been short. We were warned by the front desk that it was slow to close, but geezz. It takes it about 40 seconds to decide it's going to close, which I'm sure tempts the uninformed to start pushing buttons. When it finally decides to start closing, it does it like molasses, and emits a disturbing alarm sound as the door crawls closed. That followed a long walk to the opposite end of the hallway to our room. A walk back for breakfast in the AM was down three long hallways, exacerbated by poor signage. Part of my crew was pretty winded by the time they made it.

The hotel was showing some wear, particularly in our room. The carpet was worn, and looked like it predated a furniture move, judging from the extreme wear in some unusual areas. The furniture had lots of dings, but nothing serious. All we did was sleep, so we didn't utilize the kitchen at all. The shower was basically fine, with some mild mildew on a couple areas of the tile. The shower head (a massager type) was broken, and only shot a single high pressure stream, and refused to adjust. We didn't report it, and therefore can't judge the response. The blackout curtains did their job, and the beds were comfy and fresh feeling.

Breakfast was on the low side. I did have a 'make your own" waffle that was tasty. Fruit choices were minimal. I've grown to despise the "egg patties" that I'm seeing showing up at some Hilton properties. I don't know if they are coming in pre-cooked or what, but they are tasteless and rubbery.

Again, it was my first "Homewood" stay. They clearly specialize in longer term guests (dinner is included most evenings). A little extra wear is to be expected. Our style leans more to ES, and it will continue to be our choice when it's available.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that some rooms are a LONG way away from the lobby. Ask before accepting what meets yo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zjxtinpusher
Reviewed December 1, 2012

First off I am partial to Homewood Suites, but I still think an unbiased review is always needed to help others make a proper choice when travelling as well.

This location is away from the highway so to avoid traffic noise. It is located by multiple restaurants like Ted's Montana Grill, Red Lobster, Outback and many others.

The hotel has an older "deco" feel and furnishings but still comfortable for a night or two. The breakfast area is large and provideds the usual hot /cold breakfast that Homewood Suites is known for in the hotel business. The price for a weekday night is a bit higher than other locations around Georgia, but since this is the North suburbs of Atlanta it comes with the territory.

The staff were pleasant and professional.

And I always recommend a room on the top floor, which is usually quieter than others with no one above you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple