“If the atmosphere was an" A this place would be incredible!”

Elevation Chop House & Skybar
Reserve with OpenTable
Elevation Chop House & Skybar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 294 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old 41 & McCollum Pkwy
Description: The view from the Elevation Chophouse is as spectacular as the food. The entire front of the multi-story structure is constructed of glass panels with a view of Kennesaw Mountain National Park and the aircraft landing and taking off only a few feet away on McCollum Airfield. Only Restaurant in Georgia that makes Liquid Nitrogen Margarita and Martinis Tableside. Chef Driven Menu, all menu items made from scratch daily.
Atlanta, Georgia
“If the atmosphere was an" A this place would be incredible!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hubby and I love to dress up and go for the overall incredible dining experience, not just put food in the stomach. We visited Elevation Chop House due to a Groupon and went around 6 pm on a Friday nt. with an open mind. There was no wait (surprising) and we were sat next to the window which I requested. I noticed the bare bones atmosphere. No candles, no hanging light fixtures, no color. Just big old rectangle booths, t.v.'s and black walls and black ceilings. Very cold feeling. I'm big on atmosphere and I actually felt out of place wearing my "date night" attire. The sever came very quickly to greet us with a huge smile and it appeared she just came from a yoga class or something because she was wearing tight black spandex pants and a dirty black t-shirt. No apron. Really? Yoga pants? My food expectations had really lowered at that point but my husband and I hung in there. We ordered the Salmon and Filet with salads. The warm bread brought out was a nice touch. The food came out hot and ohhh my! It was delicious. In spite of our steak coming out rare when we ordered it medium this food was just super. Snappy asparagus, simple potatoes and the glazes on the salmon and steak were to die for. I'd love to say we'd come back but I just don't know if I would...well, actually, I know we won't. As I said we are big on the "over all dining experience" and this just didn't make the grade with the atmosphere being so bad. The infrequent planes passing by the windows just don't make up for the lack of attention to ambiance within the restaurant itself.

• Visited February 2013

Kennesaw, Georgia
“Built-in Entertainment”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Interesting location overlooking the runway (from the second floor). We went there as a birthday surprise for an airplane buff. Also was previewing to decide whether to recommend to some groups as something unique. The experience was not as advertised. Menu is limited and over-priced, food was sub-par. We visited in the afternoon, and it was dead. Service needs improvement, facility needs improvement. Somewhat confusing to find, needs signs. Would not return.

• Visited November 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“Good Food at Good Prices”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was good and reasonably priced. The server was pleasant and attentive. My only complaint was that the music was too loud and not really appropriate for a quiet dinner.

• Visited January 2013
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Probably a management issue”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had a nice dinner with my hubby there about a year ago. Great tasting food. However, went there today with my daughter for lunch around 1:30 pm, and was told that there would be about a 45 minute wait. It appeared that there were at least 10 table available, so I asked if we could sit at one of those. We were told that they are only seating people upstairs because they don't have enough servers to open all of the restaurant. We decided not to wait. If they have to skimp on staff or not have employees available when needed, and make a lot of customers wait for seats when there are plenty available, on a Saturday, we couldn't trust the rest of the experience and passed.

Visited January 2013
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eh!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I made a reservation for 7:15 on a Saturday night for myself and my husband. When we arrived the young hostess acknowledged my reservation and said there would probably be a 20 minute wait because they were waiting for some people to finish their meals. Twenty minutes turned into close to an hour. I don't think they should have given me a reservation knowing that they would be that busy. It can't take that many tables full of people to finish to free up one table for 2 people if the restaurant had not overbooked.

As for the food, it is quite ordinary. The menu is ambitious but the food does not live up to expectations. I think this is a restaurant for people who don't go out much or who never leave Kennesaw. Yes, that is snobby sounding but it's true! Oh, and we never saw an airplane land or take off. Probably should have gone during the day.

• Visited January 2013