“Incredible Experience. I will be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ramon
Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 San Ramon B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“Incredible Experience. I will be back!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had a wonderful experience staying at Angel Valley with a group of 4 students and 1 other chaperone. We were on our way to participate in a music festival and needed a place to crash for one night. Gary was an incredibly wonderful and knowledgeable host. He had cake and coffee waiting for us when we arrived and told us to make ourselves at home, which we did. The students played scrabble, Gary made cookies for them, we jammed on the back patio, and took full advantage of the hot tub, hammocks, and view. Gary arranged transportation and a tour of a butterfly farm for us the next morning. All of this with comfy and clean rooms, a tasty breakfast, and a reasonable price. We are already incorporating a stay at Angel Valley into our next visit to Costa Rica and I've recommend this place to a friend planning a honeymoon. Well done!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joseph L
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hi Joe, Thanks so very much for such a kind review. It was a delight hosting you and the group, what charming and talented young kids they are. It was very reminiscent of my house with my kids and their musical friends when I lived in Canada; the hotel was certainly filled with great music and a lovely atmosphere during your stay. My only regret was not hearing you all play in San Ramon…..maybe next time. Take good care and keep up the great work. Gary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our family of three stayed at Angel Valley B & B on our first two nights in Costa Rica in July 2013, and honestly we would have happily stayed there forever. This piece of absolute paradise is lovingly owned and operated by Gary Clegg, who treats every visitor like they are gold, preparing freshly baked goods and fresh juices in abundance and offering wonderful advice about where to go and what to see. Breakfasts are a feast for the eyes and stomach, the views overlooking the neighbouring hills and valleys breathless, and there is lots to do and see, including horse riding in the nearby cloud forest. Cannot recommend this place strongly enough!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michel B
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi Guys, What a delightful review, it was my pleasure to have you stay with me at Angel Valley, from the first phone call three weeks before I knew it would be a lovely meeting. Thanks for all the very kind things said and keeping in touch now that you are home. It was not unlike having family stay and I so enjoyed Lindy's quaint birthday bash in front of the fire, my desire is to fill the hotel with clients like you. Take good care and I look forward to seeing you when I visit your part of the world. Cheers Gary
Handeloh, Germany
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It was only an happenstance we stumbled over this place. We were on our way to Arenal and because it was going to late afternoon we looked into our guidebook. There was written, that at "Angel Valley Farmstay" everybody who stays at night can do horseback riding for less. So we droped in and no one was there! After a few minutes we heared the rumbling noise of a car with a trailer behind it. That was the time Gary and Donna arrived! Gary was feeling very bad about not knowing that we arrived that day. So he apologised several times.

Gary is the most hospitable person we ever met, and Donna is a very warmhearted woman. Our stay was magnificent, the room very comfortable and the bathroom is incredible. We`ve had a nice dinner with Donna and Gary which Gary made from food he found in his fridge. It was not like at stay in an B&B, but like to be with good friends or family.

So we decided to come back at the end of our holiday on the way to the airport. Also that stay was more than nice. Gary is an excellent cook and baker.

We are very happy to get to know you both Donna and Gary. Take care and see you some time.

Warm regards
Peter and Birgit

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter R
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi Peter and Birgit

Thanks for such an amazing review, I felt a bit disorganized when you were first here but you were such gracious guests and still stayed even though we did not have any horses. I hope that the guide books start updating themselves or I may have to get a few horses........well maybe not :)
Thank you so much for the food compliments especially the baking, coming from people who are used to great baked goods in Germany it means a lot to me. I certainly enjoyed the dinner on the patio although very impromptu it was the company that stood out, thanks for coming back at the end of your stay. I hope to see you when I meander around Europe agai.

Take care
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Yes, this place is near the sweet town of San Ramon and not far from an enchanting cloud forest, but you might not even want to leave this B&B once you see the views and have some of Gary's cooking and homemade baked goods. And we did not even take advantage of the outdoor fireplace, pizza oven, or outdoor hot tub (with breath-taking view). Obviously a return trip is required for us. Gary will tell you fascinating stories or let you alone to enjoy your stay, and has a knack for intuiting which you want. Very fun place!

Room Tip: Ask for the one with the stone shower and sink; best bathroom ever!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi J&G

I am so pleased that you stayed at Angel Valley, thank you so very much for the delightful review and the mention of the food and baking, it was such a pleasure meeting you both and it pleases me to know that you enjoyed the food so much. I look forward to your return and trying out new and exciting treats. I certainly enjoyed our chats and maybe we can fire up the pizza oven next time and invite a few friends over, have a few beverages and take advantage of the tub with a glass of wine.

Take good care
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Friendly, relaxed. Travelling with a group. Friends had stayed here and told us about this charming B&B in the hills overlooking San Ramone.

My only regret is that we were only able to stay 2 nights. It is a great base from which to explore the cloud forest and amazing scenry in the area.

Gary is an excellent host and a wealth of information..

Definitely I would stay here again.

1 Thank Bev M
Hi Bev,

It was great seeing you again and I really love your new bike. Thanks for the lovely review, it was certainly my pleasure having you stay at Angel Valley, great conversations about our last adventure in Africa and your latest fun filled tour in Central America. What a great accomplishment, my only regret is that you could not stay longer, I was really hoping to try out the new glulton free bread and cookies on you......maybe next time.
Take good care and ride safe
Warkworth, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was traveling with a group of friends and we had heard of this wonderful place to stay at in the cloud forest of Costa Rica. Gary the owner was a great host he looked after us like we were family I would highly recommend any one traveling in the area should stay there amazing location and host.
Bill Watkin

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Bill It was a delight getting to meet you while you were here, wish I could have ridden with you through Central America and even more after meeting you wished you were on the Africa trip that sold out before you knew about it. I am almost certain we will get an opportunity to ride together in the future. I am pleased that you were happy with your stay here and it was all and more than you expected.
Take care
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

5 of us (The 5 Amigos) rode our dual sport mortorcycles from Albequrque NM to get here. We knew Gary from a previous adventure when he had led us on an expedition thru South Afrika.

I had heard that Gary had relocated to Costa Rica and did not know what to expect. What i found is that Gary is a fabulous host, he has created an amazing bit of paradise and if you are planning a bike trip to Central America you would be crazy not to include Angel Valley in your plans.
Angel Valley was like arriving home after 30 days on the road through 7 countries.
Gary was instrumental in helping us arrange shipping our bikes back to Canada. He personally supervised (after we flew home) getting the bikes in a container and shipping them home. As i write this they are on the MSC Shannon bound for Montreal. I had tried every contact I could source but had struck out on every lead. Gary took charge and made it happen.
If you are considering a motorcycle ride to Central America contact Gary, and let him assist in your planning. He is an experienced dual sport rider and only too happy to help.

Hi Bob

Thanks for such a glowing review, it was so nice to see you again, it had been a long time since our African Expedition so I was so excited when you said you were coming to visit. It was my pleasure having you stay and I am glad I could arrange to have your bike shipped home and even more pleased when you called and said it arrived safely. The dinner on the patio was so excellent and a great way to catch up with old friends.....a really long and fun evening covering our African adventure and your central America adventure makes me want to ride again with you anywhere and any time. I hope to see you and ride with you this summer in Canada.

Take good care