“Can't do better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ramon
Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 San Ramon B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Yes, this place is near the sweet town of San Ramon and not far from an enchanting cloud forest, but you might not even want to leave this B&B once you see the views and have some of Gary's cooking and homemade baked goods. And we did not even take advantage of the outdoor fireplace, pizza oven, or outdoor hot tub (with breath-taking view). Obviously a return trip is required for us. Gary will tell you fascinating stories or let you alone to enjoy your stay, and has a knack for intuiting which you want. Very fun place!

Room Tip: Ask for the one with the stone shower and sink; best bathroom ever!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hi J&G

I am so pleased that you stayed at Angel Valley, thank you so very much for the delightful review and the mention of the food and baking, it was such a pleasure meeting you both and it pleases me to know that you enjoyed the food so much. I look forward to your return and trying out new and exciting treats. I certainly enjoyed our chats and maybe we can fire up the pizza oven next time and invite a few friends over, have a few beverages and take advantage of the tub with a glass of wine.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Friendly, relaxed. Travelling with a group. Friends had stayed here and told us about this charming B&B in the hills overlooking San Ramone.

My only regret is that we were only able to stay 2 nights. It is a great base from which to explore the cloud forest and amazing scenry in the area.

Gary is an excellent host and a wealth of information..

Definitely I would stay here again.

1  Thank Bev M

Hi Bev,

It was great seeing you again and I really love your new bike. Thanks for the lovely review, it was certainly my pleasure having you stay at Angel Valley, great conversations about our last adventure in Africa and your latest fun filled tour in Central America. What a great accomplishment, my only regret is that you could not stay longer, I was really hoping to try out the new glulton free bread and cookies on you......maybe next time.
Take good care and ride safe

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was traveling with a group of friends and we had heard of this wonderful place to stay at in the cloud forest of Costa Rica. Gary the owner was a great host he looked after us like we were family I would highly recommend any one traveling in the area should stay there amazing location and host.
Bill Watkin

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Bill It was a delight getting to meet you while you were here, wish I could have ridden with you through Central America and even more after meeting you wished you were on the Africa trip that sold out before you knew about it. I am almost certain we will get an opportunity to ride together in the future. I am pleased that you were happy with your stay here and it was all and more than you expected.
Take care

Reviewed June 4, 2013

5 of us (The 5 Amigos) rode our dual sport mortorcycles from Albequrque NM to get here. We knew Gary from a previous adventure when he had led us on an expedition thru South Afrika.

I had heard that Gary had relocated to Costa Rica and did not know what to expect. What i found is that Gary is a fabulous host, he has created an amazing bit of paradise and if you are planning a bike trip to Central America you would be crazy not to include Angel Valley in your plans.
Angel Valley was like arriving home after 30 days on the road through 7 countries.
Gary was instrumental in helping us arrange shipping our bikes back to Canada. He personally supervised (after we flew home) getting the bikes in a container and shipping them home. As i write this they are on the MSC Shannon bound for Montreal. I had tried every contact I could source but had struck out on every lead. Gary took charge and made it happen.
If you are considering a motorcycle ride to Central America contact Gary, and let him assist in your planning. He is an experienced dual sport rider and only too happy to help.

Hi Bob

Thanks for such a glowing review, it was so nice to see you again, it had been a long time since our African Expedition so I was so excited when you said you were coming to visit. It was my pleasure having you stay and I am glad I could arrange to have your bike shipped home and even more pleased when you called and said it arrived safely. The dinner on the patio was so excellent and a great way to catch up with old friends.....a really long and fun evening covering our African adventure and your central America adventure makes me want to ride again with you anywhere and any time. I hope to see you and ride with you this summer in Canada.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have travelled and stayed in most parts of Costa Rica since 1992, and have been arranging and guiding birding trips for the past 4 years. I have dealt with many hotels in Costa Rica and this bed and breakfast stands out in terms of hospitality, view, and fantastic breakfasts. Gary is very friendly and accommodating and the fact that he has decades of experience in providing quality safari tours in Africa shows with the quality treatment he gives to his guests.

Birding tours require such an early start that many hotels in the country are reluctant to provide breakfast and even have trouble providing coffee at an early hour. Although I didn't expect breakfast at 4:30 AM while guiding a client who was staying at the Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, Gary was more than happy to prepare whatever we wanted at that very early hour. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the place feels like home, has a great view, and is in a very strategic location.

It's about an hour from the airport, and for birders, is close to a variety of world class birding sites that host at least 400 species of birds. I will be recommending this place to all fo my clients and people looking for a quiet, relaxing B and B that is out in the country.

I should also mention that the one poor review pertains to guests who stayed at the B and B before Gary owned it as that is from 2007 and Gary bought the place in 2011.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hi Patrick, It was so nice having you and your group stay at Angel Valley and I so appreciate the support and wonderful review. I so enjoyed listening to you and learning so much about the bird life here in our area. I did not know there were so many and of course your guests were a true delight. In the guiding business you can always tell how good the guide is by the way his clients are and of course your whole group was so very happy. I look forward to hosting you and your guests any time and making breakfast for them at any hour, you can count on that.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

After 1 night red eyes flight plus 1/2 day delay and flying time, we drove 2 hours from San Jose airport to Angel B&B which where we are going to stay. The roads were not smooth but thanks to Jon my brother in law , he is an excellent driver. We arrived at Angel and we saw a couple of peoples stand in front of the house to greed us. What a surprise! the owner Gary and his assistant Donna give us a warm friendly welcome. Fresh smoothies juice, tea, coffee and fresh baked cookies for night munching. Very considered owner. The house decorated with photos which Gary himself is photographer expertise.
The B&B is very cozy, views are breathtaking. rooms are OK with their own bath ( very good).
Breakfast cook per your order. Good caring to customer. We would return and stay again for next trip and will spread out good word to our friend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Gina It was so nice having you and your family stay with us, I really enjoyed hosting you all and am happy that you enjoyed it as much as I did. I also enjoyed making Vietnamese coffee for your family and it passed the test, I had not made it for a long time and now I am drinking it almost daily. I sincerely hope that you return again.
Take care

Reviewed May 4, 2013

A total of five family and friends stayed at Angel Valley on this trip, and all were enchanted with Gary and his B&B. The stunning view, bright, cheerful rooms, excellent food, and Gary himself made the visit memorable for all. Gary's knowledge of local attractions is impressive for someone who just moved to the area, but his Africa safari stories (and photos) are amazing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hi J&V Thanks so much for the wonderful review, it was a pleasure hosting you and I look forward to seeing you again when you are up in our area again. You are just a phone call away from your favorite banana cranberry bread. I am so thrilled that you ordered a few loaves to go.......such a great compliment. Take care good people G

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
Vista Valverde Bed & Breakfast
Hostal Los Parques
Hostal Los Parques
#3 of 4 in San Ramon

Been to Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!