“Cannot wait to return” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ramon
Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 San Ramon B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Cannot wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was our last stay before flying out and and we stumbled on it quite by accident , being refered by a local restaurant owner. It turned out, althought brief, to be the highlight of our 8 day Costa Rica visit.
The location is very scenic, the building architecture exciting and you could not want for a more gracious and accomodating host. The bedrooms were clean, comfortable and very exoctic with the natural stonework in the baths. The morning breakfast was definately 5 star served with fine crystal in a lovely room overlooking the valley. We are planning to make this our first stop on our nest trip to Costa Rica.
One thing should be noted is that Gary recently purchased, renovated and restarted this operation so that any reviews older than 2 years should be ignored.

Room Tip: Call early to get the larger rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hi Guys, wow! thanks for such a raving review, I too cannot wait for you to return and I hope it is sooner than later, my only regret is that you did not stay longer, I so very much enjoyed chatting with you and getting to know you. Thanks so much for giving me a five star on the breakfast, as mom said "it is the most important meal of the day" so why not make it exotic and delicious...I added. Take care G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Ramon, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at Angel Valley Farm a couple of times during the year I was Gary's neighbor, and have watched him transform it into one of Costa Rica's finest boutique bed and breakfast hotels. I've included "before and after" pix for comparison. Angel Valley offers spectacular views and comfortable spots to enjoy them, but if you're looking for something different, step inside, and be transported to a different world; Gary's photographs and memorabilia from a lifetime of guiding tours throughout Africa cover the walls and dominate each room. As you savor every detail that makes this place so special, don't be surprised if aromas emanating from the kitchen suddenly draw you to the stove to lift the lid and find out what's cooking! Expect ANYthing except gallo pinto and standard CR fare. Gary's philosophy is that you can go a thousand other places for ordinary---and he strives, at every meal---to serve extraordinary cuisine from distinctive cultures around the world. Remember that I tried to warn you to save room after Mexican, Italian, Ethiopian dinner for sweet tooth indulgence...lemon cake, key lime pie, banana bread, something oh so chocolatey... Trust me: Foodie heaven!

Room Tip: I always sleep in the room with two twin beds. If that works for you, the view will put a big smile...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi T, Thanks so much for such a lovely review, I miss having someone to test out the new recipie's on over a game of scrabble and having you book a room on a whim. I am glad you are enjoying your new home in the south and I look forward to having you come back again. I promise to let you win at least one game of scrabble......or is it the other way around. Take good care G
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed spending 2 nights in this beautiful location, where each guest is truly part of the Angel Valley Farm family. Gary and Donna are wonderful hosts, the rooms are spotless and comfortable, and the meals delicious. Only wish I could have stayed longer in this relaxing, peaceful location, so close to many of Costa Rica's sights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Barb, Thanks for such a nice review, you were such delightful guests and it almost felt like we had known each other forever, it is certainly guests like you who make what I do here not feel like work. Afternoon coffee and banana bread was such a lovely time spent with you guys, relaxing and chatting away as old friends, I was almost sad to see you leave and I hope we will meet again. Take care G
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent a couple of nights at Angel Valley BnB earlier this month during my trip to Costa Rica, and I wish I had stayed there longer. Great location and wonderful views, as expected. And, of course, the breakfasts were delicious as well. The accommodations were spotless and roomy, creating a very comfortable environment to just hang out if you want.

But what really made the stay incredible was the hospitality of the owner Gary. He's an amazing person with the background of a true Renaissance Man. I kept telling him he needs to write a book. He was the highlight of the entire trip. Don't miss out on a chance to meet him.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi John, It was so great getting to know you and I so very much enjoyed the the conversations and I am so pleased you found us. I certainly enjoyed the shared interests in life and you are the kind of people I hoped to meet when designing and opening this inn, it makes it so much fun having guests like you. I also hope one day to meet again either here or in the States. Take care G
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

So my partner Gaila and I had the priviledge of spending two nights this weekend at Angel Valle B&B. What a treat! Not only were the accomodations first rate (Costa Rica outside with African flair inside) but the food and company were exceptional. Gary is an amazing host and Donna gave us a very warm greeting. Just north of San Ramon at a village called Los Angeles we found this little slice of goodness. Hot tub, super comfortable bed, a warm shower and terrific food. You really won't need lunch after breakfast here. Most any traveler would be happy with a stay here. Yes, we are motorcyclists and yes this place is the perfect stop for overland travelers. Close to town but way up in the clouds for quiet and relaxation. Go if you can and tell them Tad & Gaila say "hi"

Room Tip: Every room is comfortable. You might pick based on the bed(s) you need or perhaps the unique photog...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi Tad, Had a great time meeting you and a pleasure hosting you, you were such delightful guests and am quite envious of your trip.......making me want to toss all in and join you on this great adventure of yours. I hope our mans work on your pannier was great enough to hold for the rest of the trip. Enjoying your posts everyday and I hope to catch up either back at Angel Valley or in Seattle when I am visiting your neck of the woods. Be safe G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We are traveling one yr on motorcycles and we're happy to find this little paradise overlooking the valley and rolling hills. The quality of the view, accommodations, food and company was beyond our expectations. The place is beautifully finished with African style furnishings and art as the owner Greg is from Africa. When you've had enough relaxing in the hammock, hot tub or patio views, he can get you connected to the local attractions near by - volcanos, cloud forest and beaches. If your lucky you might find yourself here on a night when he makes handmade, wood fired pizza! There is a restaurant a a few minutes walk for dinner/drinks. It's also motorcycle friendly with safe/secure parking, easy access and plenty of room to store gear. Really nice find. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gutzieg
Hi Galia, It was so nice to meet you and am of course envious of your amazing trip. I too am pleased you stopped in and stayed at the Angel Valley, great having the first bikes here at the motorcycle friendly inn and I really hope to see you on the northbound leg even if it is just for a refreshment and a slice of cake. Following your blog and wanting to catch up and join the adventure. Take care and ride safe. G
Keene, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We happened upon this wonderful bed & breakfast - the setting is awesome (we were in the clouds early morning, then got a great view of the valley in the sunshine): the food was very tasty and the rooms very comfortable. We had a relaxing evening in the African Safari decor with the muisc and the stars. Gary was most hospitable and attentive as our host. We would highly recommend for couples travelling out of San Jose or returning to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HRMktg
Hi Guys, I am so pleased that you happened upon Angel Valley, it was a delight hosting you and thanks so much for your kind words. Knowing you own a beautiful lodge it means a great deal coming from experts in the field. I heard from Steve at Finca Luna and he passes mon his regards and hopes to keep in touch with what you are doing up there in Canada. I hope you will stumble upon us again on a future trip and stay a bit longer. Cheers G
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
Casa Amanecer B&B
#1 of 6 in San Ramon
Vista Valverde Bed & Breakfast
Vista Atenas Bed & Breakfast

Been to Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!