“Better than Home, this home away B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ramon
Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 San Ramon B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Gary and Donna both went out of their way to accommodate us for our 3 night stay, Lovely indoors and out. Fabulous food. Peaceful setting. Interesting conversation. Outdoors restaurant, pizza oven and hot tub. Romantic corners !! Food is beautifully presented. Homemade breads cooed in wood fire oven,,. My husband was ill and Gary went the extra mile creating herbal teas and hot toddy's for him as well as giving him Vitamin C drinks !!! A relaxing, pampered experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Hi Art and Laurie, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Angel Valley and am looking forward to having you stay again when you are in need of another escape to the mountains from the beach. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and I enjoyed our conversations. Take care Gary

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The great experience and hospitality at Angel Valley Farm B and B began the first time I spoke to Gary, the warm and personable owner, to make arrangements for our visit. Gary has hospitality in his DNA, and made our stay at Angel Valley a wonderful and memorable experience. The small cozy B and B is charming. Gary is committed to the highest level of service and visitor experience. He recommended some great local activities based on our interests - ones i hadn't read about in my extensive pre trip research... and ones we otherwise would have missed. Gary is also a great raconteur... being a world traveler himself. The setting is spectacular, which in a country as beautiful as Costa Rica.... We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Hi Jane and Mel, It was such a great pleasure having you stay here at Angel Valley and I do hope you will return again and stay longer. I so enjoyed the day trips and was so very pleased that you were taken with Finca Luna as much as I am. Steve is such a wealth of information and was certainly impressed with Mel and her knowledge. I look forward to discovering new places and sharing these gems with people like you. Take good care, Gary

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My kids and I, ages 8 and 9, had driven up from the Osa Peninsula, looking for a particular B&B to stop over at on our way to Arenal. We, like some other reviewers on this site, happened upon Gary's place by accident..or good fortune...whichever you prefer. We were exhausted from traveling, and driving up the road to Angel Valley Farm we saw tons of cars and people milling about. I hoped they had room for us! It turned out that we were crashing Gary's grand opening party. We were immediately offered beverages and a room to pass the night, even though they weren't technically open for business. My kids were so overwhelmend by the comforts of the place after having spent the previous weeks in somewhat more rustic surroundings, that we didn't hear a peep from them. In the morning Gary "helped" the kids make their own banana chocolate chip bread to supplement the rest of the gourmet breakfast he prepared for us and a few other guests. He definitely provides quality pampering. Great food, service and atmosphere. Definitley stop in if you are in the area, or if you want your trip planned by a pro...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Hi Christine, I am so very pleased that you stumbled onto Angel Valley, it was a great pleasure to host you and your delightful children what amazing bakers they are, best banana chocolate chip bread made at Angel Valley to date and you can tell them so. I hope the rest of your trip went well and I sincerely hope you stumble upon us again.
Take good care
Gary

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Although our friends raved about this sweet little B&B (which is also quite new) we were blown away by the charm and friendliness of the host, Gary. It's worth staying at this place just to meet and talk to Gary, who has been everywhere and done, it seems, everything. Can you say renaissance man?

There are five lovely bedrooms rooms there, and each is well appointed and comfortable. Although our room was a bit small, it was more than adequate for our needs. There are musical instruments in one of the living rooms, so that guests can get together and make music if the mood strikes.

We sat and chatted with our host while he made us breakfast: freshly baked banana bread, and an assortment of other homemade breads as well, eggs, bacon, baked tomatoes, and savory home fries.

If you're looking for a centrally located, fun and friendly B&B, try the Angel Valley Farm. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Myra and Jack, it was so lovely having you here and am pleased you had a great time. I would really like to visit with you some more when it is not so busy however I was delighted that you were able to attend the open house. Your review was so very nice and I so appreciate you taking the time to send a review. I look forward to meeting again.
Take care
Gary

Reviewed August 5, 2012

In the cool refreshing mountains of San Ramon, sits Angel Valley Farm. I first heard about it from a dear friend who is a neighbor, who mentioned the inn and the beautiful mosaic earth oven built out on the patio. Soon enough- It was there in Angel Valley B&B with Gary, my sister, and my husband by my side when I had experienced the most beautiful moment in my life so far, the birth my daughter Maya.

We were only expecting to wait and relax at Angel Valley during my labor, because it was comfortable place nearby the San Ramon hospital and I wanted to avoid laboring as much as possible in the hospital (I really didn't want to go to the hospital at all but we could not afford to have a mid-wife and home delivery). That day when I called Gary telling him I am in labor and wanted to visit for a few hours he graciously invited us over. When we arrived, he informed us that all the rooms were full in his house and that we could use his bedroom. I laid there on the bed with contractions and then Gary suggested that fill up the shower so that I could sit in hot water. At this point my contractions were very intense and my sister asked Gary how he felt about us having the birth right there in his room. With all sincerity Gary welcomed it with open arms and offered to be the 'midwife', being that he had delivered a baby before in an emergency situation.

A few hours later my daughter Maya was born in that bedroom- born in the most peaceful and patient environment. Somehow Gary managed to be host to his current guests, answer door to visiting neighbors and assist me with a fantastic birth experience in that same afternoon.
Later while I was in the hospital overnight, my husband and sister stayed over. My sister just adored her basil chicken meal he prepared for dinner. Gary gave up his own bed that night so that they could stay comfortably. The breakfast was delicious too. When I came back from the hospital Gary made African Squash soup that was SO healing and helpful for my recovery. I was able to walk around and experience the entire B&B more at this point. The place is so cozy and calm and comfortable and with such an exquisite outside area to relax and enjoy the view and sounds of Costa Rican countryside. I can not thank Gary enough for my experience there, this is only a tidbit of how wonderful my experience was there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank seq34
Gary C, Owner at Angel Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Hi Sara and Christian thank you for the wonderful review, reading it brought back that wonderful afternoon. I was honoured to have delivered Maya. It was not how I was planning to spend my afternoon however I would not change it for anything. I so enjoy recieving the notes, photographs and updates of Maya's progress, you all have a very special place in my heart and home. As much as it was wonderful and memorable lets not do it again. Take extra special care of you all. Gary

Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you ever go to Costa Rica, stay at the ANGEL Valley Farm B an B… what a fitting name for this charming, cozy and beautiful place, owned and operated by Garry Clegg, who we think is truly an angel.

We arrived in Costa Rica, for our honeymoon, and were headed to La Fortuna. Due to some delays, we were still 2 hours from our destination and it was getting late and we were starting to stress a bit. We stopped at a souvenir shop a few km. North of San Ramon. The owner of the shop informed us of Gary’s B and B, across the way. As providence would have it, while we were eating at the restaurant next door to the shop, Gary, the owner of the B and B and his lovely friend, T.J. walked in to have a bite to eat. The shop owner introduced us and after talking for a bit, we agreed to stay at the B and B for the night. IT TURNED OUT TO BE THE MOST WONDERFUL DECISION!!!!

We wound up staying there for the entire time we were in Costa Rica and used it as our base. Every morning we were treated to an amazing breakfast that included homemade/freshly baked goods and juices. Gary made everything from scratch using fresh ingredients. He cooked with all of his heart and soul and it was evident in all of the delicious things he prepared for us to eat and drink. In fact, he seems to put his heart and soul into everything he does. The hospitality and attention we received during our stay was EXCEPTIONAL. Usually, I am never able to sleep comfortably when I am away from home. However, because of how Gary made us feel, I was able to sleep soundly every night. That is unheard of for me! He truly made us feel at home.

We have such wonderful memories of Gary and his B and B that we will treasure forever. These memories include our late night talks and great conversations over homemade hot cocoa and cookies. On our last night, we sat in his new “elfresco dining room” by his outdoor fireplace, surrounded by some of his friends and eating amazing, homemade pizza. He made it for us in his wood fired pizza oven! What a wonderful evening that was! We were surrounded by wonderful people and delicious food!!!

When we arrived home, we felt that we should have stayed in Costa Rica longer. We miss Gary (and all of his friends and neighbors) very much and can’t wait to return, one day soon, to see everyone again, especially our new friend, Gary.

Nancy and Jose

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Nancy and Jose, I am flattered that you wrote such a lovely response, you were a delightful couple to host and I do hope to see you again. TJ loved taking you to the many outings you went on and I had a great time hearing the many tales of your daily experiences. TJ is not often wrong and when we dropped you at the airport she said you would be back, I am holding her to that and we will have cocoa and chocolate chip cookies waiting. Take care Gary

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My boys are nearing the age of leaving the 'nest', so I took them on a trip for us to celebrate ourselves before the next right of passage. As luck and fate would guide us, we arrived at a piece of paradise aptly named Angel Valley Farm Bed & Breakfast. The view is awe inspiring, the ambiance is relaxing, and the energy is nurturing and sincere. I was so impressed with the attention to detail, from fresh flowers in the rooms, to the beautiful decorative details on the plates for meals, impeccable landscapeing, and luxurious rooms with 'Vivaldi' echoing through the entire residence. Needless to say, we didn't want to leave. Gary Clegg is captivating with his stories of travel and life experiences. His passion for the creation of this B&B is contagious. It is a place for peace and soulful reflection, and a great place 'to hang your hat' in between adventures in the beautiful country of Costa Rica. My boys adored Gary. He actually listened to their stories with interest and respect and made all who stayed at his humble abode feel like royalty. And his BMW motorcycle added popularity in the boys eyes...
Gary even delivered a baby while we were there for a local young woman, now top that one!!! His plans for expansion sound wonderful; spa, restaurant, more rooms. I look forward to our next visit and we only just got home. I am a firm believer in a destined path, and I'm grateful ours took us to Angel Valley. If the opportunity arises in your itenerary to experience this flavorful delight, I would humbly suggest you succumb to the stars and book a visit.

Room Tip: They are all full of character and comfort