I stayed at the Villa Blanca with my nine year old son for the first two nights of our Costa Rican vacation. We stayed in a comfortable, nicely furnished casita. We toured the grounds using these cool walking sticks they provide. We visited their dairy farm and my son got to milk a cow for the first time. The fresh cow's milk was delicious. They show environmentally educational documentaries every night at 5:30PM, which was a perfect thing to do before dinner. Food was good. We had a great time on the nearby canopy tour, although I have heard that the one with the tarzan bridge is even better. Hotel is very child-friendly. Lots of other families there.
Being in a cloud forest is a bit other-worldly. Very relaxing, though. We needed long pants and sweaters, so be sure to bring some warm clothes, particularly for at night. The best moment came at breakfast the morning that we left. The sky was clear blue, which I don't think happens very often or lasts very long. However, as a result, there was an amazing view of the Arenal volcano. A real treat.
It is an hour and a half drive from the San Jose International Airport to the Villa Blanca, which is not too bad. From there, it was a very scenic three hour drive to Manuel Antonio. Villa Blanca arranged our transportation and all went smoothly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon