This place is amazing, my wife and I went there on a recommendation from our travel agent, Cruise Resort & World Travel Inc. It was to get us closer to San Jose for our return trip and to have a different Costa Rican experience than the beach resort we stayed in. Boy were we surprised. Just the drive up to the resort was breath taking with the giant green rolling hills and farms. As we pulled in we were greeted by a large organic garden where they grow the same produce they feed us. The grounds (botanical gardens) are just wonderful, this is truly a paradise you can just meander through holding hands with your sweet heart and feel real peace. Our cottage was something from a fantasy movie small quaint and all its own, with a fire place nice bed and shower. Right out the back door you can just gaze at the surrounding beauty and watch and listen to all the birds, there are quite a few. It really feels like a mystical place, I suspect that when everyone is tucked away sleeping in their little cottages that fairy tale creatures like Pixies and Gnomes, come out and go about their business.
For a bonus, my wife and i really enjoy movies and low and behold this mystical magical place surprisingly has a movie theater which we used both nights we were there. The seats were not the best though, they need to better attach the cushions to the love benches. Our butts kept sliding out from under us.
Go there with some time to explore the grounds or take the scenic drive to Arenal Volcano.
What a place for our Honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon