What we were expecting and what we experienced went way beyond our expectations. If we could wrap up the very best of lush Hawaiian countryside, the breathtaking beauty of Fiji and the tropical breezes and warmth of Mexico, the grounds and beauty of Villa Blanca captured it all. We've never met locals who were so proud of their country, so willing to share their culture and hospitality. As far as amenities go, the casitas are beautiful. Opening our back door to see the charming catholic church nestled on the hillside was stunning. The food was delicious and it was very easy to get there by car and to area attractions, including zip lining. The town of San Ramon which is nearby was a great way to experience the local flavor. From there, we drove to Si Como No (Manuel Antonio area), also under the same ownership. Again, a "ditto" experience. The excursion to the village of Santa Juana from there was an incredible way to see how Costa Ricans who are living in small villages live and farmed in the traditional methods of the past. It was apparent to us the investment made by the owner to create eco-friendly hotels and of his on-going dedication help preserve the Costa Rican environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon