My husband and I had an overnight stay at Villa Blanca and wish we had stayed longer. The roads to get here are a little rough, but it's only about an hour from San Jose and so well worth the effort. It's located at the top of a bluff, so in every direction there is a breathtaking view. The lodge and cabins all are beautifully designed with interesting wood furniture, bamboo ceilings, brick and slate floors, and fireplaces with actual wood. The staff knocked themselves out -- we were greeted with cold towels and a fruit drink of watermelon and passion fruit; we got amazing massages from Mariella; Ronald and others in the dining room went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The food is good and not crazily over-priced but is not memorable. We also had an informative night walk through the jungle with Roy, who knew everything about the flora and fauna. Finally there is a wedding chapel on the grounds that would be the perfect destination wedding spot -- given by the former president of Costa Rica to his wife upon their 50th anniversary, with views of the mountains below the altar and a tiled ceiling with hundreds of beautifully painted scenes -- a knockout venue. Come here and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon