The hotel itself is wonderful- great service and the best food we've had in CR. however, the location is not great. it rains all the time, non stop, even when it's not CR's "rainy season". We booked a pre packaged deal for 9 days at three locations in CR, and villa Blanca was our last stop. Had we known that "cloud forest" meant you are in a cold foggy mist the entire time, we would not have come here. The drinks are great, breakfast buffet fabulous, etc... We arrived with an empty gas tank- not enough to drive to the nearest station in San ramon- so they kindy arranged to put 2 gal in our tank. The place is clean and as a health nut, it was great to see their organic herbs and veggies, but other than their nature path and spa, there isn't much to do but curl up by the fireplace in your room with a good book. Needless to say, I was quite content but my boyfriend was not. If you are just looking to get away from work and worries, this place is great, but as I am from sunny, dry south Texas... I would not return to cloud forest. If you must go to cloud forest though , this is a superb place and Id recommend it .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon