“Excellent location for a holiday and great food”
Review of Skovshoved Hotel

Skovshoved Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Charlottenlund
New Delhi, India
“Excellent location for a holiday and great food”
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel, as everyone agrees here, has a great location..... Beautiful locales, some excellent views and amazing food justifying the Michelin rating, plus the bus stop right outside. However I still give it 3 stars because of the obvious lack of manpower to run a hotel! Had it not been for one young lady at the reception, our stay wouldn't have been a comfortable one (during the times she was working)! But since she was there, and worked real hard, I will not give a lower rating. Being an old hotel this place has no elevators. Had we known, we might have chosen a diffeent hotel, coz being international travelers, we had pretty large suitcases which we had to lug ourselves (tho the aforementioned lady did help a bit). Also, the housekeeping was only nominal at best! I can imagine the business meeting people had a good time coz it was a bit at the cost of us others :-)
So..... In summary, I would still recommend it for a short romantic getaway when you have very light luggage. Had that been my situation, I might have given another star!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everything was perfect. The staff - every single one of them from front desk to chamber maids - are exceptional. Their attention to our needs (we were a business group) was beyond compare. The food in the restaurant is the best I have ever had -- full stop. The chefs are creative. Every meal had a surprise taste sensation. They were serving a group of 14 of us and the attention to detail was exceptional. The hotel location is beautiful, so close to the sea that walking was wonderful and some swam in the ocean. A bus runs right into Copenhagen from the front door of the hotel so visiting the city was easy. As a business group our needs for wireless were met, the meeting rooms with outdoor space was such a bonus and nothing was left to chance. Thank you to all who made my week there absolutley perfect!

Room Tip: I had a large room with a balcony over the street. There was very little noise but the sound of the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Denmark
Reviewed January 12, 2012

A complete lack of service, incredibly poorly furnished rooms, and dangerous wiring mean this was a real disappointment. I have stayed in better hostels at a magnitude lower cost.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank j6nvy
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We so enjoyed our time at this gorgeous, very classy place. We arrived very late for dinner but were were accommodated in spite of this and the food was fabulously good. The hotel is small, loaded with contemporary art, very stylishly minimalist and yet warm and homely.
We had a front room with a verandah overlooking the sea, and yes we went swimming in the sea (last weekend in May). We borrowed their great bicycles and cycled all along the coastal road past the great examples of architecture, ate ice creams at the Arne Jacobsen art deco petrol station renovated beautifully. The scenery was fabulous, the drive a bit hilly so best to check the bicycle battery so that you get that great kick of momentum as you go upwards....my husbands battery went dead and he suffered!
The room was lovely, gorgeous fresh white sheets and duvets....altogether faultless.

Room Tip: Room with a sea view would be fabulous!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Skovshoved Hotel is quite expensive and the room are tiny, really really tiny.
We had reserved a double room, actually we had ordered a superior room, but got a very tiny standard room. But since we had orginally wanted the cheaper room, we decided not to make any complains as long as we got to pay the cheaper price ;o)
The room was the size of a small closet, and the double bed was really small around 120 cm wide, not at all what we expected at that price range.

The receptionist was great, very polite and helpfull :o)

The breakfast was fine, but there was some trouble with the reserved table for us and the other guest, but it was worked out in the end.

This is not a place I would visit again, within this price range you can get much more for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank sigge29
Center
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I had a stop and go only. Clean, old (danish) fashion style, nice warm lights. More for a romantic dinner and stay over than for business trips.
Nice breakfast; wondeful location for walks by the sea.
Kitchen should have been open till 22:00; but when I checked in nearly half an hour earlier the chef was already gone -check it out, if you need to dine.

Room Tip: I suggest rooms with sea view.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My wife and I wanted to spend our wedding night at what we thought would be an elegant and wonderful hotel. Were we in for a surprise!

We booked the bridal-suite six months in advance and confirmed with the reception several times to be certain to get the suite with ocean view. Upon arrival on the night, there was no one to be found at the reception. We had to wake up the front desk clerk from sleeping in a back room. When he finally came to the front desk, he asked, what we wanted. I thought the answer was obvious as my wife was in her white wedding dress and I in my tuxedo. First he could not find our reservation, but finally he did and we got the key. We did not get the room we had booked six months in advance. Further to this, the bathroom smelled badly of sewer.
In addition, we had booked brunch for 15 of our wedding guests, and the first thing the waiter asked me when I came in the morning was when my guests would pay for brunch. The service at the brunch was horrible to the point that the waiter was obviously annoyed that we disturbed her by ordering another cup of coffee.
Unfortunately, it came as no surprise that we also had trouble when the bill had to be paid. The room including the brunch was pre-paid and the hotel staff wanted more money for the brunch than we had a written confirmation on.
Sadly, we would never recommend the hotel where we spent our wedding night to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Claus_Hovelt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlottenlund
Kurhotel Skodsborg
#2 of 2 in Charlottenlund
Scandic Eremitage
Scandic Eremitage
#2 of 2 in Kongens Lyngby

Been to Skovshoved Hotel? Share your experiences!