“Extremely low value for money”

MASH Skovriderkroen
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: MASH – Modern American Steak House offers something completely new –a sophisticated modern american steakhouse with a twist of danish informal eating and drinking. The idea is to deliver an authentic steak dinner with lots of flavour served in very nice designed surroundings.MASH – Modern American Steakhouse – A sincere approach to elegant and refined dining set in relaxed and comfortable surroundings. We present a culinary pleasure and experience that will captivate the senses. The contemporary design of the restaurant is aesthetically pleasing on the eye, as are the outstanding meat cuts on offer.We welcome you to the MASH adventure.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We usually come to the place, we loved the meat and the environment until last night....
We came to have dinner with two kids to have a family celebration and it turned to a nightmare.
First we sat by the terrace, and it was full of wasp, by wife is allergic and we have to move inside, with very little help from the waiters (they were all running around with empty hands)
They took wrong the order and the burger for the kids was below fast food level.
It took them one hour to bring the main courses (MEAT and we asked rare, so it shouldnt take so long to cook).
My steak was full of rosemary, which for some people might be nice, but when the steak is good, I want to taste it.
The Bernauise sauge seem like they heated or frozen.
They brought some of the orders wrong and it took me a fight to get the menu for the dessert, ask 3 times for the check and finally with a check with mistakes.
Really bad service expirience, this place is not at the level should be. First thing they need to look at is service.

1  Thank Tatin17

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The best reason for visiting MASH will always be the perfect steaks, they serve here. Top class.
Starters and desserts are more ordinary, but still very fine. The location is very good and the staff welcoming, kind and helpful.
The downside: The restaurant is very expensive. You really pay for quality and then a little extra.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited Mash for a celebrating event, and had some really delicious grilled meat. Especially the rib-eye was superb, it had just the right amount of "grilledness" and a beautiful pink middle. We had a variety of the sauces (one per person) and shared them, so we all had a chance to taste everything :-) We all had the Mash potatoes with onions and bacon, this was very nice.
If you are out to have a three course meal, you must expect it to be a bit pricy (although this of course differs from person to person). But, you must also expect to have some really great food, and if everything isn't as it should be, just refer to the kind staff who is very helpful!

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

It was a month back when I heard about MASH (I travel twice a year to Copenhagen for work), from aome colleagues. They sweared about the quality of the meat to me, the time for which it was cured and the types of meat (me being a carnivore).

I decided to see it to believe it, first I tried the burger at Mash - Belgade and was pleasantly surprised. Then I decided to try the real stuff so booked a table at the Mash near hellerup (this place) for 3 of us on a friday. We started at the bar and i was happy to see 3 different and fresh beers (inhouse) on the tap - a lager, a pilsner and an ale !

After an hour of having tried all 3 beers I was ready for some meat action. We ordered one american steak, one uruguay steak and one danish - just to try between the three. Sides had chilly fries and béarnaise and garlic sauce and spinach (they also had a list of other options to try from).

Positives:
- The steak was the best steak I have ever had in my life (in India, Thailand, Malaysia, Dubai, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands and Denmark)

- The quality of meat is just out of the world,

- I ordered a medium rare and for a change - this was a cooked to perfection medium rare with a nice 300gms patty with slight fat on the sides that nicely added to the flavour

- The lager was the best beer on the tap (it had spices added to it)

- the bar collection is pretty good as well

- surprisingly even the chilli fries are to die for

This a mecca for all meat lovers in town - a definite must visit !

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Ok, in the land of simple people who scream at being the best in the world at everything...you fall short when it comes to Burgers! All my Dansker friends told me this was the best burger they ever had...I agree, the best THEY have ever had. FAR from the best I have had.

Start with the good...Ok, there you go. Well, the burger was OK. But, I would seriously consider a seeded roll. I ordered the burger without all the 'accouterments' as I wanted to taste the Burger, not the mayo, special sauce or other slop put on there. they looked at me funny. The bun was bigger than the burger. The meat, OK, Danish quality, which is sub-par to the best beef.

the Onion Rings were tasty, greasy as hell, but very tasty, close to the real deal.

the Macaroni & Cheese, my dear friend raved about it...I almost threw it up! I would rather have Kraft Mac & Cheese in the blue box than eat that lort! Terrible! I took two bites and pushed it aside.

It's a noisy, noisy place. Slow service. But, a very nice location.