“Great food in the center of Zlín”
Review of Tam Tam Restaurant

Tam Tam Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Zlin
Cuisines: Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Pohorelice, Czech Republic
“Great food in the center of Zlín”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

There are very few good restaurants worth visiting in Zlín, but Tam Tam is definitely one of them. There food is excellent and always well prepared. Don't expect typical Czech food here, but the food are similar to traditional recipes, so for sure you will find something you like. The children's menu is a little small, but then again this restaurant is not designed with children in mind. They do have a daily quick menu during the work week for people on the go. Tam tam is located at the top of the Golden Apple (Zlaté jablko) Mall that includes an outdoor patio. The decor of the restaurant is attractive and the place is clean. If there is one drawback to this restaurant then it would have to be the service. At times it is slow and appears unorganized. Every time I have visited it has taken 10-15 minutes to get someone's attention when I wanted to pay, or when we needed something. Besides that, I am happy with Tam tam. I would have given them a five star rating if it weren't the service issue I mentioned. My family and I have been at this restaurant now at least four times and I can say that it is worth coming back.

• Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent second visit”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

In Zlin for the second time and decided to try tam tam again to see if its as good a year later. Ate chicken, creamed spinach and gnocchi. Best meal so far in the Czech Republic. It's casual dining, tasty food and a fair price. If only I had a place like this near me at home!

Visited April 2013
Austin, Texas
“Mall Restaurant”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were weary of eating in the mall but Im so glad we did. The chicken noodle soup was delicious. I also had some sort of potato and vegetable bakes with cheese that I still crave!

Visited December 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Average fare cantina presented as upscale restaurant”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Presentation of this place is nice but in the winter times its food is rather underwhelming. Bland cuts of meat presented as fine cuisine. I suspect they use wholesale semi-prepared food resources. I expected better fare, given it's ratings at TripAdvisor.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank MunchKing
Pascal76100
“Awful!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My colleague and I went there tonight for a meal. I firstly asked our hotel receptionist about this place and I also read positive reviews on internet. They were all very good. Unfortunately, we were really disappointed with the quality of the meals. I ordered one of their specialties, that is stuffed chicken breast. Well, it was so blend and tasteless that I could hardly finish the dish. It is all industrial food. I mean carrots from the can as well as the industrial sauce. Even the potatoes are not fresh. It is mediocre! The service is however quite good. The restaurant settings are quite modern and comfy. The fact that the restaurant is located on the second floor on the city centre mall next to the cinema should tell you that you will definitely not get good quality food but rather fast food quality. Well, it is really fast food quality food.
In a nutshell, you should definitely avoid this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012