“Amazing little fishing town”
Review of Seward

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Washington DC, District of Columbia
28 helpful votes
“Amazing little fishing town”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Seward, Alaska is a quaint town a few hours south of Anchorage. It's a small, welcoming fishing community. From the captain on our chartered fishing boat, to the bartenders at the Yukon, it's one of the friendliest places in America. Come prepared with raingear and a camera. Also, make time to tour the SeaLife Center.

Tennessee
16 helpful votes
“A Swans Nest, B&B We really enjoyed the stay”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Our Church group (11 People) stayed the night here on 7/16/2010 for a quick ocean tour before starting our mission trip. I cannot say enough about the place. We loved it. The beds were comfortable and the rooms, especially the bathrooms were nice!!! The staff was very pleasant and the Rubbarb bread was wonderful. The year before my family had stayed at "Sea Treasure Inn" Just down and street and we liked it as well. My concern both years was that sometimes you feel like you have too stay at a name you recognize to feel safe about spending your money. Both years we saved money by staying at a locally owned B&B and both years we were suprized by the rooms and how clean and comfortable the kitchen and communal areas were.

I would choose A Swans next anytime. Loved it. (And we even missed the owner who was out of town, but the young lady who was running it was a load of information and very friendly.

THanks.

St. Petersburg, Florida
9 helpful votes
“Fish with Hill is a sure bet to catch fish in Seward”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Our stay in Seward was in a lodge provided by Fish with Hill. The lodge is comfortable, the breakfast was excellent, the fishing was excellent, the hosts were gracious and knowledgable. There are many sightseeing opportunities. The mountains and scenery are spectacular. The restaurants and shopping are very good. The quilt shop is the best I have seen.

1 Thank robertajohn
Fort Lauderdale
4 helpful votes
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

SEWARD, ALASKA ... most people in Alaska, hop off the cruise ship and head to Anchorage, BIG MISTAKE! Seward is small, so small 1.9 miles long, perfect because in Alaska you're not here for cities, it's all about the nature and Seward has it all. Boat tours to Kenai Fjords National Park, fishing, hiking right in town, otters just off the shore, eagles, etc. Great locals, the Sea-Life Center, and all the Halibut you could eat. Best Bar-The Seward Alehouse, say Hi to Sol +Liz the young couple that owns it. At times it seems like everyone owns a dog and all are happy to let you pet them, they're even allowed in bars as well. We lucked out and ended up here for the 4th of July when they run the Mount Marathon race, yep straight up the mountain. The parade was a great slice of Americana. I am grateful that I got to experience Seward for a few days. Stayed at the Best Western Edgewater. Loved it! The place to stay. The train ride from Seward (when you want to leave) to Anchorage is one of the most scenic train rides in the world. Guaranteed to see glaciers, I saw moose, eagles, and a bear all from the train (they go about 30 miles an hour so all is not a blur. DO IT! Anchorage...in a day you can experience everything the city has to offer... Glacier Brewhouse!

2 Thank Amelia8844
Edmonton, Alberta
79 helpful votes
“Kayaking with Miller's Landing”
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We (4 of us) did the full day Kayak with Miller's Landing. This was despite previous negative reviews in the forum. We found the guide to be great - couldn't expect better. The prices were significantly less than competitors for similar trips. The only problem was with booking and getting receipts. Problems with the "business" seems to be the consistent with previous reviews. The office staff are not efficient. In particular Sherry Miller is difficult to deal with. I suspect this is the "woman" previous posters referred to. If you can ask to deal with someone else I think you will find them an excellent company. Fortunately the man at the counter and the manager on duty was able to keep solve our problems..... I read of others who didn't fair as well.

Been to Seward? Share your experiences!