“Very professional and just a flat out amazing time”

Adventure Sixty North - Day Trips
and up
Gold Panning in Seward
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Open year round. Sea kayaking adventures in Seward, Alaska. Guided sea kayaking tours in Bear Glacier, Resurrection Bay, Aialik Bay and also sea kayak rentals, stand up paddle board tours (SUP), gold panning on site, bicycle rentals, camping gear rentals, and gift shop. Adventure Sixty North provides ice hiking trips on Exit Glacier and Bear Glacier in the Kenai Fjords National Park. Join us in our half-day paddles, full day paddles and multi-day paddles. Let our guides show you the largest glacier in the Kenai Fjords National Park, Bear Glacier Kayaking and Helicopter flight seeing! Best experiences! Best service! We cater to smaller groups, family paddles, and the adventurous spirit! We now have adaptive paddle gear for special needs adventurers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Me and my family did the Upper trail hike and kayaking out to Kanes head with Adventure Sixty North. Over all it was just a flat out once in a life time experience! Got to see the beautiful picturesque Alaska that you see all the post cards of and Adventure Sixty North was the best company to do it with. Wouldn’t go anywhere else and highly recommend them to anyone trying to see this beautiful state. Our guide was Racheal Taylor for both days and she was just amazing!! She was so knowledgeable/professional and so good about catering to us and our needs making sure we had the best experience possible throughout the whole trip. Over all everyone there really takes care of you and they run like a well-oiled machine. Never stressful for you so all you got to do is enjoy yourself!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I wanted to do something memorable with my dad and his fiancé while they were visiting. My dad is not a super stable kayaker and has a history of flipping over, but I figured he would be okay in a double kayak. I called Adventure 60 North and they had a trip going out to Bear Glacier, which involves a helicopter ride. I knew it was more expensive because you have to be transported to Bear Glacier Lagoon via helicopter but it sounded like something exciting. And it was!
The helicopter took us up over the snow capped peaks and we had a beautiful view of Resurrection Bay. Once we dropped over the other side of the mountains we had an amazing view of Bear Glacier - the largest glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park. We saw huge ice bergs floating in the calm lagoon beneath us and landed on the beach, where our kayaks and guides were waiting for us.
Once we geared up, we got into our double kayaks and paddled around with giant ice bergs, curious harbor seals, and as close to the face of Bear Glacier as was safe to get.
It was an incredible trip, and I'm glad we did it. It is a once in a lifetime thing and my dad is still bragging about it to everyone back home :)

2  Thank Nicole L
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I, both new to kayaking, booked the Full Day Aialk Glacier Bay Kayak Tour. From the time I made our reservation, down the the actual trip itself, the people at Adventure 60N were great. They were knowledgable and helpful when I called and had questions, and then on the actual trip, our guide Libby was awesome! Not only was she knowledgeable about the environment and animals around us, but also just a cool and nice person, real easy to get along with.

The trip was just my husband and I, and Libby. While there were other outfitters on the water taxi to take us out the bay, it still was a very small group and very personal experience. We saw humpbacks, Dall porpoises, sea lions, sea otters, and a variety of birds as well on the trip out. Once we got there, we had a lovely paddle around a small island and then out towards the glacier, through all the little 'bergy bits'. We joked it was like paddling though a margarita :)

I highly recommend Adventure 60 North...great adventures and great people!!

2  Thank flickchic21
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went with Adventure Sixty North for a very nice paddle kayaking at Bear lake. From the first moment on, the guides, Deb, Jackie, Rachel and Amanda were very kind and knowledgeable with all of us (we were so lightheaded and tired and had just arrived from a 7 night northbound cruise from Vancouver,BC). Before getting to the lake we made a short stop at a salmon taggin' station where they showed the process of classifying the males from the females (and lots of other interesting facts).
Our group of 13 consisted of kids (14 to 7) and we also had a very brave grandma who made the whole trip without any complaints and seemed stronger than most of us. All safety procedures were well explained before going in the water. Special thanks to Rachel who took care of the little one and for being SO patient! I would strongly recommend this tour operator!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The owner was lovely. The tour guide was personal and accommodating. They really took care of us. We saw a lot of wildlife in the water and a bald eagle in her nest. So took a gentle walk/hike in the middle over a picturesque bridge and through the forest. Everything was appropriate and enjoyable for our 5 &7 kids.