“Bear Glacier Paddle Worth the Extra Money”

Adventure Sixty North - Day Trips
Gold Panning in Seward
Ranked #5 of 51 Tours in Seward
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Open year round. Sea kayaking adventures in Seward, Alaska. Guided sea kayaking tours in Bear Glacier, Resurrection Bay, Aialik Bay and also sea kayak rentals, stand up paddle board tours (SUP), gold panning on site, bicycle rentals, camping gear rentals, and gift shop. Adventure Sixty North provides ice hiking trips on Exit Glacier and Bear Glacier in the Kenai Fjords National Park. Join us in our half-day paddles, full day paddles and multi-day paddles. Let our guides show you the largest glacier in the Kenai Fjords National Park, Bear Glacier Kayaking and Helicopter flight seeing! Best experiences! Best service! We cater to smaller groups, family paddles, and the adventurous spirit! We now have adaptive paddle gear for special needs adventurers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Seward, Alaska
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bear Glacier Paddle Worth the Extra Money”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I wanted to do something memorable with my dad and his fiancé while they were visiting. My dad is not a super stable kayaker and has a history of flipping over, but I figured he would be okay in a double kayak. I called Adventure 60 North and they had a trip going out to Bear Glacier, which involves a helicopter ride. I knew it was more expensive because you have to be transported to Bear Glacier Lagoon via helicopter but it sounded like something exciting. And it was!
The helicopter took us up over the snow capped peaks and we had a beautiful view of Resurrection Bay. Once we dropped over the other side of the mountains we had an amazing view of Bear Glacier - the largest glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park. We saw huge ice bergs floating in the calm lagoon beneath us and landed on the beach, where our kayaks and guides were waiting for us.
Once we geared up, we got into our double kayaks and paddled around with giant ice bergs, curious harbor seals, and as close to the face of Bear Glacier as was safe to get.
It was an incredible trip, and I'm glad we did it. It is a once in a lifetime thing and my dad is still bragging about it to everyone back home :)

2 Thank Nicole L

Los Angeles
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Glacier Kayak Paddle!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I, both new to kayaking, booked the Full Day Aialk Glacier Bay Kayak Tour. From the time I made our reservation, down the the actual trip itself, the people at Adventure 60N were great. They were knowledgable and helpful when I called and had questions, and then on the actual trip, our guide Libby was awesome! Not only was she knowledgeable about the environment and animals around us, but also just a cool and nice person, real easy to get along with.

The trip was just my husband and I, and Libby. While there were other outfitters on the water taxi to take us out the bay, it still was a very small group and very personal experience. We saw humpbacks, Dall porpoises, sea lions, sea otters, and a variety of birds as well on the trip out. Once we got there, we had a lovely paddle around a small island and then out towards the glacier, through all the little 'bergy bits'. We joked it was like paddling though a margarita :)

I highly recommend Adventure 60 North...great adventures and great people!!

2 Thank flickchic21
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great service for a diverse-aged group”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went with Adventure Sixty North for a very nice paddle kayaking at Bear lake. From the first moment on, the guides, Deb, Jackie, Rachel and Amanda were very kind and knowledgeable with all of us (we were so lightheaded and tired and had just arrived from a 7 night northbound cruise from Vancouver,BC). Before getting to the lake we made a short stop at a salmon taggin' station where they showed the process of classifying the males from the females (and lots of other interesting facts).
Our group of 13 consisted of kids (14 to 7) and we also had a very brave grandma who made the whole trip without any complaints and seemed stronger than most of us. All safety procedures were well explained before going in the water. Special thanks to Rachel who took care of the little one and for being SO patient! I would strongly recommend this tour operator!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Life Altering”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The owner was lovely. The tour guide was personal and accommodating. They really took care of us. We saw a lot of wildlife in the water and a bald eagle in her nest. So took a gentle walk/hike in the middle over a picturesque bridge and through the forest. Everything was appropriate and enjoyable for our 5 &7 kids.

Visited July 2013
Townsville, Australia
“Majestic adventure”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Where to start? Right from the get go this company was a pleasure to deal with. We were 3 novice paddlers in search of an adventure and Adventure Sixty North delivered on all fronts! We were welcomed like old friends and taken care of like old relatives. Nothing was too much trouble for our AWESOME guides Libby and Amanda! They made us feel safe and at ease from start to finish. Just don't ask Amanda to tell you any jokes :) ...We opted for the 3 day 2 night bear glacier kayak and camp option and it was a BLAST! We saw eagles, puffins, harbour seals, sea otters all on the first day. The second day we witnessed bear glacier in all its glory in both overcast and sunny conditions, so, so beautiful. Then on the last day, we came within meters of 3 humpback whales!! This was for me the most majestic of moments that I could've hoped for when planning this trip, not to mention the multitude of orcas and porpoises off in the distance. I feel so lucky to have witnessed nature in all it's bountiful glory and thank Adventure Sixty North for making it happen.